Celebrating Love..

Today marks the 103rd month that K and I have been together since the new millennium..

Yesterday evening, K picked me up from my facial and we discussed on the way home what we wanted to do today to celebrate. Nothing concrete came up. We went back home and brought pails of water downstairs for some car washing. During the wash, I had an arguement with K on this little incident that happened 2 days ago. K was cutting apples after dinner while i went to bathe. When i came out, i realized he did not cut apples for me. So i got upset cause i also cut for him when i am having apples! Anyway, i asked him about it yesterday during our car wash, he apologized and said he would make it up to me tonight (i.e. yesterday night)...

This morning, when i woke up, K made a comment (jokingly) that i was an idiot.. Didn't know why he said that but ignored it anyway and started to get ready for work. As i was getting dressed, K said: "I actually made it up to you yesterday night, but you were too asleep to notice it." I immediately jumped up and asked him what he did. He said it was under my pillow. And i found this under my pillow:



Didn't realize the whole night i have been sleeping on it! That's why K called me an idiot! = ) I didn't have to open it to know that it was a wallet. I had kinda given up on the whole wallet thing, cause i had asked K about getting me a wallet several times, and everytime i asked, he asked me to wait. I thought it was because he didn't want to spend the money due to the recession. Didn't realize he was waiting for today!

And i felt totally guilty when i saw the present cause i didn't buy anything for him. In fact, i even scolded him yesterday cause i was pissed off at him for being so forgetful.. he's been forgetting things quite often recently even though i reminded him. And yesterday when i asked him if he knew what day tomorrow was, he said no.

My guilt got worse when i saw the card he wrote.




ARGGHH!!! It was like something just exploded inside me. I began to think of myself as a bad wife. Not at all "lovely". I started to think that i shouldn't always doubt K, that i should start to cook some damn soup for him (it's been so long since he last requested for it), that i should understand why he keeps forgetting things cause he is very troubled by the recession and the minimal sales his business is getting.. Despite all that, he still bothers to get me a present. And i can't even cook some soup for him! = (

1 Response to "Celebrating Love.."

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    awww! happy 103rd month anniversary to both of you too. you two are so sweet lor, still celebrating the monthly anniversaries. :) cook soup during the CNY break?

    love the wallet!