My FIRST posting !!

Yes, yes, this is the very FIRST time i am blogging.. Those of you who are familiar with the marketing jargon will probably label me as a "Laggard" - one who never follows the latest trends in the market / industry until the trend is about to fade out, OR the majority of the population has already caught up with it..

Why the title "Life is but a play"? Well, I was inspired by a scene in one of my favorit
e plays, "Macbeth". In the scene, Macbeth shares with us his perception of life, immediately after he heard of his wife's untimely suicide.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Just for the record, i am no pessimist. In fact, i'm more of a "Tigger" than an "Eeyore". Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo!!!

Today has been a freaking long day.. stayed in the office analyzing reports and making calls till 10-ish .. Seriously, with my stomach growling away since 8pm, i really couldn't absorb most of what was going on. Can't wait for this stupid annual reporting cycle to end soon.. This is the only reason that i look forward to National Day cause that's when my "dead" lines dies..

Anyway, as if things weren't bad enough with the stomach growling and all, it got worse when i finished my calls at 10pm and couldn't get a cab on the stupid 24-hour cab hotline. So with one hand holding my mobile, i started packing up. Then I had to knock over my mug while packing and spilled green tea on my table! WTF!!

So poor me, with one hand on my mobile waiting for a kind and merciful cab driver to take me home, started wiping the mess on my table and with a major headache on the way.


And here i am now, starting with my very first blog and bitching away about my awful day today.. The only good thing that happened today, is the fact that i got to watch one episode of Sex & The City (SATC) today. I'm so totally hooked on it! Hmm.. still trying to think which of the 4 women i can most identify with.. Maybe i should write a bit of something about SATC in my blogs from now onwards..


Tomorrow shall be a better day ! Till then, let me leave you with a photo of this shop selling Pies in the eastern part of the small country i live in. Pretty cool name for a Pie shop huh??






2 Response to "My FIRST posting !!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Welcome to Blogosphere! That Macbeth quote was my favourite!

  2. Adeline Woo Says:

    Thank You, Thank You!! I actually got the title of of Blog page from this Macbeth quote..

    I have a lot of favourite quotes from Macbeth.. My all time fave: " Fair is Foul, and Foul is Fair.. Hover through the fog and FILTHY AIR!!" = P