Double Humiliation

I took half day off from work today cause of an appointment I had with the dermatologist at Changi Hospital.

About a month ago, this huge ass pimple on my chin turned into acne, and when i applied this Clinique acne cream on it, it became inflamed.  So i went to the polyclinic and got a referral letter to Changi Hospital.

Anyway, before i went for my appointment, I met up with my Japanese customer for lunch at Great World City Crystal Jade.. Spent the whole hour talking about our children and sharing tips on child care etc.. This was the same guy that had shown interest in me for some time.  He often send me text messages saying things like he is very happy to meet me, he will be happy to be my husband etc.  It was harmless so I never really think much about it. Besides, i never reply.  But today, it got bad.  First, he wanted to send me to the hospital.  Even though his office is just across Great World and Changi hospital is all the way in the east.  Then when we were riding down the escalator, he stand so close to me that his arm touch mine, and he brushed against my buttocks a few times.  And because the escalator is only so big for the two of us, I had to stand slightly sideways at an awkward angle.  He walked me to the entrance to wait for the shuttle bus, then kept standing so close to me!  I hopped on the first bus that came, even though it was the wrong one!  Sigh.. Looks like I cannot meet him anymore.. Either that, or I have to meet him together with K..  If not who knows what he might do next.  So daring this Japanese man!  And he is married with a son!  It's not worth it to have this kind of customer.. I rather not have the money.. So that was the first humiliation of the day... = (

At the hospital, the doctor prescribed some cream for my acne and some clinical sunblock to prevent further pigmentation.  I will need to go back again in 2 months' time.  After the hospital, i went home, spoke to Bria for a while, before heading to Takashimaya for my free haircut at Kim Robinson.. 

It's been at least 3 years since I last cut my hair at Kim Robinson.  Mainly because it is too expensive and high class for me. So when i knew they were giving away free haircuts, i jumped at the opportunity.. I am full of compliments for them now! Firstly, their outlet at  Taka is SOOOO nice!!  When i went inside, I felt like I was going into a spa rather than a hair salon!  Plus, they served an extensive list of beverages from cappuccino to milo. I had iced honey lemon.. 2 glasses some more! = P  My hairstylist was also very professional. He did a good job, not like anyhow do just because it's free..  Plus, they are not pushy at all.  When i was done, they just ask if i want to buy some hair wax or hair accessories.  They have very nice hair clips and hair band.  But one black hairband $90 loh, so i just told them i am not interested.  And they never ask me again.  Lastly, they gave me a lot of discount vouchers for my next hair appointment.  I left an extremely satisfied customer. So now, my hair is short, and super light!Although i will need some time to get used to my new look.. Think K will freak out when he comes back from KL on Thursday.. = )

After my haircut, i headed home, picked Bria and C up and headed to Parkway for dinner and some grocery shopping.. On the way home, we took a bus cause the taxi queue was ridiculously long.  On the bus, nobody gave us their seat for me at first, even though i was carrying Bria in my baby carrier and wobbling unsteadily.  One bus stop later, i got a seat beside this auntie.  She started making small talk, asking me how old Bria was and who is taking care of her etc.. She kinda pissed me off, cause she kept asking why I engaged a maid to take care of my baby instead of a nanny or an older relative.. It's like she don't understand when I told her I had no choice cause all our parents are working.  She just kept harping on how small Bria was.  Not like most 4 month old babies she's seen.. She said maids don't know how to feed babies properly.  I told her nannies are also outsiders so no difference.. Sigh.. on hindsight, i don't even know why i bother to explain my situation to her.  I finally found out that she is a nanny, cause she told me the babies she took care of are all very healthy and chubby.  I couldn't take it anymore, so I said to her: "I think my baby is very cute an very healthy.  And the doctor thinks likewise too."  After that, she kept quiet and pretended to sleep.  So irritating.. 

What a bad day!  Both Bria and I suffered some form of humiliation today.... We miss K!! = (

1 Response to "Double Humiliation"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Ya, be careful when you meet the Jap customer again. So tiko.

    I was approached by one of the Kim Robinson students to get a free perm for her test and I agree with you, their salon is very nice!

    I don't think Bria got humiliated lah. That lady just trying to sell her services and would say anything to make her seem more capable mah. Although it backfired in this case.