I'm Back!!

I am back in Singapore!! Really very very reluctant to come back.. When i told Keson i didn't want to come back.. he scolded me.. haha.. so i asked him to fly to Tokyo and meet me.. = )

Anyways, yesterday's flight was delayed by 2 hours.. supposed to reach airport at 1030pm, but ended up reaching at past 12 midnight instead. Before boarding the plane at Narita airport, i went for some last minute shopping. When i checked in my luggage, i still had my laptop and 2 bags of heavy shopping as my hand carry. No fun at all. And because i still had some yen, i bought more food stuff and souvenirs from the airport shops. About 15 mins before boarding, i went to the lounge for my last round of Sushi.. I also took a lot of sandwiches and cakes from the lounge to bring back to Singapore.. now my kitchen got plenty of Japanese food stuff counterspy of ANA.. haha..

I ended up taking the taxi from the hotel to the airport because i was late for the airport shuttle bus. My taxi fare cost me US$250.. will need to explain to my boss tomorrow.. haha.. As usual, my life is full of drama. I was late all because of the shopping on my last day. In the morning, i went to the Meiji shrine to buy some good luck charm for my dad.. Walked 15 minutes one way to reach the shrine. And the road was a gravel path. I guess that's what they do to show devotion to their religion in the olden days.. I bought a charm for speedy recover of illness. Hopefully my dad will recover soon from his stroke! I also bought a charm for loving ties for EK and S, since they are getting ROM next month. Hope they will like it.

After the shrine, i headed to Harajuku. Had my favourite ramen again for the 3rd time since i arrived in Tokyo. My last bowl.. It was delicious.. will never forget!
After my ramen, i shopped around. Tried to find this shop i saw 2 days ago, but couldn't find it again.. sigh.. With about 1.5 hours left before i had to head to the airport, i went to Ikebukuro for some last minute shopping. I popped into the 5 storey Toyota showroom, snapped some pictures, then went to the Sunshine City, one of the largest shopping mall in the world, and bought some last minute gifts.

I had checked into a Japanese Inn (Ryokan)the night before, but had left my stuff there before i went shopping. So i had to go back to the inn, pick up my stuff, then head to Shinagawa to pick up my luggage(which i had left at the Strings hotel) and then take the shuttle bus to the airport. THAT was the plan. But of course, the plan was not executed to perfection.. haha.. By the time i walked back to the inn, i had 15 minutes left to walk back to the train station and reach Shinagawa.

I was super late. I had to call the hotel on the train, which was really a desperate move, cause using the mobile phone is strictly prohibited while on the train.. Anyway, of course the bus didn't wait for me. So that's why i had to take the taxi.

The Ryokan which i stayed in was pretty decent. And cheap too.. About $70 per night. On the 01 night that i stayed for, i went out shopping and eating until about 11pm.. Didn't realise they had a timing for the hot shower, so i had to shower in cold water at like 8 degrees outside temperature. I was literally hopping while i bathe! = ) Then after that, this Ang Moh guy came out and we were brushing our teeth together facing the mirror cause the bathroom area was shared.. That was quite funny.. was trying not to giggle while brushing my teeth!

All in all, it was a good trip, although i hardly got much sleep. Just finished unpacking my luggage this afternoon. went to my parent's place for dinner just now. My sister and nieces were there, so i brought all the presents i bought for them.. Felt like i was Santa Claus.. haha..

I will definitely go back to Tokyo again if i have the chance. Of all the countries i have been to, i must say i like Tokyo the best!! And boy am i glad it is just 6 hours away! =)


1 Response to "I'm Back!!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    hahaha. i said the same thing to Kelly and he was sad. :p

    $250?! What is the distance between Hotel and Airport?