Tokyo Day 3 - April Fools!!

2nd day of meeting today.. Still surviving.. Today was a more heavy discussion.. with topics on the annual planning and budgeting cycle.. I was already in an ORD mood.. haha.. but still had to pretend to pay attention to the discussion = )

I managed to join my colleagues for breakfast earlier today.. Same spread of food.. and same super fresh orange juice!

Meeting tea snacks today was great. Sushi!! And fresh green apples.. Yum yum.. I took some photos of our office lobby in Tokyo.. As we go into the building, the entrance is lined with 2 rows of beautiful flowers, and at the end is a fake cherry blossoms tree.. it was so nice! Our singapore office should learn from them..






I had a short discussion on my work with my boss after the meeting, and then headed back to the hotel to freshen up, before heading out for dinner with 5 other colleagues.. Throughout the 2 days.. i was being "marketed" by my Italian colleague as being so knowledgeable about Tokyo that they should all follow the "leader" for dinner tonight since it was free and easy.. haha.. He kept saying he was impressed how i took him on the tour on Monday.. All of them thought i had come to Tokyo many times, cause i was able to navigate through the train network and stations.. and knew where to go for what..and could speak quite a few Japanese phrases.. I told them i just did a lot of research before i came, that's all.. which was true!! haha.. "smoke" one lah! = )

My boss, me and my Italian colleague walked back to the hotel together, as the rest had left immediately after the meeting. Upon reaching the hotel, my boss asked if she could have a few minutes with me.. I thought she wanted to ask me some personal questions on where to go in Tokyo etc.. haha.. i was getting a bit complacent after all the praises!! But it was not the case.. She pulled out a piece of paper, and surprised me with news of a salary increase effective today.. haha.. I was quite shocked at first.. when i came back to earth, i joked and asked it was an April Fools' Day joke.. = ) She laughed.. Bad news was, i will only get to enjoy the raise for 1 month since i will be leaving for New Zealand on 1st May.. Damn!!
Oh well, at least now i can afford to spend a bit more in Tokyo! = )

At 7pm, 6 of us met in the lobby and took the train to Shinjuku again.. this time for Teppanyaki.. The restaurant was at the same place i had soba on Monday, so i was confident we could find it.. Ended up getting lost again.. cause there were so many different exits at the train station. And it was raining.. we had to run in the rain to find the stupid restaurant.. i felt so bad.. especially after my Italian colleague had told everywhere i was good.. sigh.. so embarrassing.. The Teppanyaki was a bit different from the usual one.. where they have meat and seafood. This one specialized in Japanese pancake with seafood.. so ended up everyone had the same thing - pancakes..

Nonetheless, it was nice.. the portion looks small, but i couldn't even finish one third of mine!



My 2 hongkong colleagues and I headed back to the hotel after dinner, whereas the 3 remaining men - the Italian, Colombian and one from Guatemala headed to a nearby pub where transvetites supposedly hang out.. = )

And here i am, 130am and still blogging.. haha.. I should get to sleep! Tomorrow is another half a day, and then our sight seeing tour.. we will be having a mini farewell for the 3 people leaving the team, including me.. wonder what is in store.. haha.. so excited!!

1 Response to "Tokyo Day 3 - April Fools!!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Congratulations on your pay raise! :)

    My stomach is growling as I read about all the good food you've been having. And it's 2am here. Darn!