Our Best Friends' Wedding!

Last Saturday, K and I “attended” the ROM of EK and S on MSN. We had arranged with EK to do the video conferencing at 415pm Auckland time, 1215pm Singapore time. As the internet connection in our host’s house was unstable, K and I had wanted to do the video conference in the library where they had free wireless internet. But library closes at 4pm on Saturdays. In the end, we had to go to Goong’s house to use her wireless.

We reached her house around 4pm. As usual, technology always fails us at the crucial moment. We could not connect to her wireless network on our laptops, so we had to use her husband’s laptop instead. Lucky his laptop has MSN installed on it. By the time we had logged on, it was already 430pm. I was so so worried I will miss their exchange of vows !! But when we logged onto MSN, EK was not online. K kept saying they forgot about us cause it was their big day and there must be a thousand important things to attend to.. I was so sad.. But refused to believe K so I asked him to stay online for a while more. 10 mins later, EK came online. We saw the whole ceremony on video, but unfortunately, there was no sound from either one of our laptops, so I couldn‘t hear them exchange their vows, which is the most important part! Plus, our laptop had no video cam. So in the end, we could only see them, but they cannot see us. We had to type messages on MSN to communicate. Ferene and June were also there, and they kept showing me the food they were eating at the buffet.. So envious! Really glad to see all my dear friends again.. Miss them so much!!! I was so reluctant to go offline, but Goong wanted to start making dinner, so we had to leave. We headed home after that, with the intention to log on again at home, but there was no internet connection when we got home. = (

Oh well, at least I get to see them and “talk” to them. Hopefully we can do the whole video conference thing again, this time with both video and sound! I asked them to arrange one day for the conference.. Not sure if it will be possible!

1 Response to "Our Best Friends' Wedding!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Oh wow, that is a very high tech way of 'attending' your friend's ROM. Also shows how close you all are!