20 Aug: Her name is Bria

K and I went for my first check up in Singapore today at East Shore.. We had an appointment with Dr. Heng, my sister's gynae for her first girl.

We were at the clinic at 10am, registered and waited for 15 mins before we were asked into Dr Heng's office.  Dr Heng is a nice and very energetic lady in her mid 40s.  Not more than 5 mins after we met her, she received a call on her handphone, and had to rush out to deliver a baby, thereby leaving us alone in her small office.

20 mins later, she came back in, we talked, then she did an Ultrasound on me.  Halfway through, she asked if we wanted to know the baby's gender.  I looked at K with a cheeky grin, and he nodded.  We were going to have a little girl.  And her name will be Bria Lim. = )

When i heard that I was going to have a girl, something inside my sank.  I know that i should be thankful for a healthy and normal baby, but i would be lying if i said i didn't have a gender preference.  That's what people say as lip service.  That they don't have any preference.. Deep down inside, i am sure there is a preference.  And mine happened to be a boy. So i was actually a bit disappointed, although i kept telling myself that it's not confirmed 100% until the baby is born, and if it really is a girl, i can dress her up. = )

After the check up, K also confessed to me that he was disappointed. Which surprised him actually, cause he thought he had no preference.  But something inside him sank too when Dr Heng said it was a girl.  haha.. human nature!

We did a 45 min tour of the hospital  with a Parkway Shenton lady after the check up.  During the tour, i saw this nurse pushing a baby in its trolley towards the nursery.  As she approached the door to the nursery, she released the trolley to open the door, without making sure the trolley had first come to a complete stop.  So the trolley ended up rolling towards the wall and crashed lightly into the wall with the baby inside.. K and I looked at each other stunned.  It was then I made up my mind i didn't want my baby at East Shore.. Plus i didn't really like the gynae.  I felt she was too fast for me, like a bit haphazard you know.. I need someone who is patient and who would sit down and explain everything to me like what a first time mom would expect. So i told K i wanted to look for another gynae and hospital..

After the hospital, K drove me to the airport where I had my lunch meeting with my customer from SQ at Crystal Jade.  Lunch was yummy minced meat noodles and Xiao Long dumplings..  = )  We ended up talking about my pregnancy and girl talk more than business .. haha.. but it was a good lunch...  I'm sure baby Bria enjoyed it too.. = )

1 Response to "20 Aug: Her name is Bria"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    I googled the meaning of Bria - strong, virtuous and noble. How did you guys settle on the name? I thought you would have put a Maori spin on her name since she's made in NZ.

    I'm pretty surprised that you guys wanted a boy first. Most girls I know would want a girl for their first time cos can dress up.