Dinner & Dance Party

Yesterday was my company's annual Dinner & Dance. This year's D&D was held at Swissotel The Stamford, and the theme was "Magical Kingdom". I had arranged for everyone to meet at the hotel lobby at 1830hrs, but was eventually 15 minutes late cause i had to look for halos to match my and XL's angel outfits. K drove me to Middle road for this, but i ended up buying only 1 white halo for XL, cause the shops did not have a halo in black.. was quite disappointed.= (

When i reached the lobby at 1845hrs, i saw nobody familiar, so i called my colleagues. Some were on the second floor, some on the way. On the escalator up to the second floor, i saw them. And i couldn't stop giggling at what i saw. We had a whole group of wizards, a Greek god, a devil and a witch.. it was such a hilarious sight. And i was pleasantly surprised because most of them had told me they did not have time to rent or buy costumes and so were not dressing up. In the end, of the 9 at our table, only 1 didn't dress up. The next 15-20 minutes was a photo taking frenzy as we took pictures with each other in our costumes. Kel and Carol arrived shortly as Pinocchio and a very pregnant witch.. so cute!! = )

There were 107 tables in total, and i must say this year's D&D is so much better than the last i attended at Ritz Carlton 2 years ago. Firstly, everyone at my table was more "ON", the emcee was good, games were fun, and the food was good. I am impressed most by the latter cause usually, mass produced food don't taste too good. But Swissotel impressed me with their good food and excellent service.

XL her white angel outfit, and the two of us made quite a sight - Dark and White Angels. My personal favourite was this guy who dressed up as Dumbledore, the wizard from Harry Potter. He had the dark blue pointy hat with silver stars and matching robes. And long grey hair. Super cool!
The best dressed table was Snow White & the Seven dwarves. We had a whole table of witches and wizards, a whole table of Harry Potter characters, Arabian royalty etc. And the best dressed individuals were Little Red Riding Hood (female) and this guy who was decked up with 3-D fruits and all kinds of food; he called himself the Magical Food Kingdom. Super lame.. Our colleagues from Marine Fuels dressed up as the 8 Immortals (crossing the sea). Even their department head joined in the fun. So sporting!

Dinner ended at around 11pm. And the dance floor opened. There was a disco draw at the end, where the emcee will draw a number and call out the winner. The winner has to be on the dance floor to win the prize otherwise there will be a re-draw. My group went out to the foyer to take pictures after the dinner, and were happily snapping away when i heard my name being called by the emcee.. My white angel and me both shrieked and dashed towards the banquet hall, but it was too late. I cursed under my breath as the emcee went: "Not here? RE-DRAW!" Damn!


The Invitation Card..


Group photo of I&W department


The Dark Side.. We are dark, BUT very friendly.. = P


The I&W Angels..


Me and Robin Hood!



After we were all tired of taking pictures, half the group headed home while the other half went back into the banquet hall to boogie.. We left at around 1230am. K picked me up and i started rattling away like an excited little girl the minute i got into the car. I must say i really enjoyed myself tremendously, can't wait for next year's D&D!

1 Response to "Dinner & Dance Party"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    wow, this is the funnest D&D i have ever seen!