Quantum of Solace & A New Boss

Yesterday evening, K and I were invited to a movie screening at Lido for the show Quantum of Solace. The invitation came from Marriott Hotel, for their Global Customer Appreciation Week. There was supposed to be food provided, so we didn't eat anything before that.

When we arrived, we realized that the food was just finger food, nothing staple. There was some tim sum (siew mai), fried chicken wing, teriyaki chicken and beef, and chicken caesar salad. There were plenty of desserts though, cakes and pastries mainly, and chocolate eclairs. We simply went for a few rounds of the same thing before we were soon stuffed. The hotel even gave us free popcorn for the movie. And the best part was that it was sweet, not salty.. = )

I must say Daniel Craig is not the best James Bond ever.. my favourite is still the chest hairy Pierce Brosnan, although i felt "Mamma Mia" kinda ruin his charming reputation. Didn't really enjoyed the movie, nearly fell asleep halfway. For the record, i am not one to fall asleep easily during a show or performance. There weren't as much fast cars and sex scenes in this James Bond episode. K said it's sad the direction the Bond series is taking.. so different from the old Bond movies where there were much more action..

The show ended about 920pm, and we drove home.. I was expecting a call from my boss at 10pm. Just before we drove into our carpark, my boss called.. He had the rest of my team on the line, apparently for a 5 minute call.. everyone had been wondering what the call was about. Initially, i had thought my boss just wanted to check that everyone had made it safely home from Paris. But we got a surprise instead. We were gonna have a new boss on 1 January 2009. A female one at that. My current boss will be transferred from US to UK for his new assignment. I was rather sad, cause i kinda like this one - full of humour and young so there was no generation gap. Then again, i shouldn't discount the fact that my new lady boss will be nice too.. keeping my fingers crossed for now!

1 Response to "Quantum of Solace & A New Boss"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    wow. i just read the last 3 posts. so many things happenning within a few days. i hope your test results come back good.