Final Hurdle

Last week was the start of my third and last trimester - the final hurdle of my 9 month marathon.  For the past 2 trimesters, everything has been smooth sailing, with no symptoms and morning sickness whatsoever.  Everyone says i am very lucky.. = )  Baby Bria is 28 weeks old now, and she is moving around ALOT these days, especially at night.  She is now at that stage where I can feel her hiccuping inside me(which is so adorable!), and I can actually touch her when she moves and press her little hands and feet against my tummy.. Nothing else in this world can make me happier than being able to touch her.  I am also trying to talk to her everyday now.  And singing "ABC" and "You Are My Sunshine" to her..  Sometimes, she actually responds to what i say!

Now those are the positively amazing highlights of my final trimester so far.  The less wonderful experiences are also starting to come all at once, like it's trying to take revenge for my easy pregnancy for the last 2 trimesters.

For one, my memory seems to be getting worse.  I keep forgetting to bring my handphone out, and this has caused some inconvenience especially when i am going for sales meetings. Then I am having heart burns more and more frequently.  I have to eat really slowly nowadays or else i get heart burns.  Heck, even sitting down in my living room watching TV gives me heart burns!  I am also suffering from cramps.  Earlier this week, I was woken up in the middle of the night by severe leg cramps.  I couldn't move both m my legs at all and it was so painful that my groans woke K up and he had to jump out of bed to massage my feet..  And now, i am having cramps in my right elbow. Sigh..   Then my feet is also getting more and more swollen... AND, it is so damn painful now everytime i sneeze!  Problem is, i seem to be sneezing quite a lot these days, probably due to my allergies to dust and the stupid haze.  Last but not least, I am having trouble sleeping because of my increasingly bulging tummy.  So far, the most comfortable position for me is to lie on my back, but i have heard and read that sleeping on my back is not good for the baby, and it will cause very bad backaches.  I have also heard and read that it is best to sleep on my left side.  But i have tried and it is simply not comfortable at all.. Plus, I have so much difficulty and pain simply lying down on my bed that sometimes i feel so frustrated i feel like sleeping in a sitting position! Hai.. my baby isn't even born yet, and already i am deprived of good sleep!

I really hope all these will go away soon.. although many people told me it will only get worse or stay.  Nonetheless, i keep telling myself this is only the beginning of all the "sacrifices" i will have to make as a mother.  I'm sure when i finally get to meet my baby, all these will be worth it! = )

1 Response to "Final Hurdle"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Go get one of those pregnancy pillows! So you can support your tummy while lying on the side!