My Birthday & Wedding Anniversary Celebration

K and I celebrated our 1st Wedding Anniversary and my 27th Birthday yesterday evening. K came to pick me after work around 6pm, and kept me in suspense as to where we were headed for our dinner. Initially, we had planned on going to Tandoor restaurant at Holiday Inn for some North Indian cuisine. We had a voucher there for a complimentary set dinner for 2. But when we called to make reservations and was told the restaurant opens only at 7pm, K decided against it. It was too late, he said. I wondered for a while why, but did not ponder for long. He did however mentioned about this other place that required us to walk uphill for 300 metres from the carpark.

So when K picked me up from work yesterday, i still did not know where he was bringing me. Eventually, he arrived at this stretch of shophouses along Cairnhill Road and K slowed down. We went into a restaurant called "Blue Basil". Apparently, 2 Indian men owned the restaurant. I was pretty impressed at the decor and the fact that they dared to open such a nice restaurant in such a desserted location. I mean, who would know about this place? When we stepped in, there was nobody at all in the restaurant. K said he had booked the whole restaurant for the night for our anniversary. I doubted it. = )




We ordered shrimp cocktail and mushroom soup for starters. Both were delicious. For main course, i had grilled crayfish with basil pesto sauce, corn on a cob and mashed potatoes on the side. K had lamb rack with brocolli and mashed potatoes on the side. The crayfish was so-so, but I simply loved my pesto sauce!



We were done by 715pm.. and i thought that was very early. K suggested that we go home early to watch the last few episodes of "24" and maybe go for a jog at East coast park after that. I agreed. I kinda knew there was gonna be a birthday cake, cause i saw the chef come out from the kitchen and took a cake from the fridge. There were no one else in the restaurant, so it wasn't too hard to guess. My cake was chocolate banana. When the waiter served the cake, there was the word "Banana" on it. Cheeky me teased the waiter and told him in a serious manner that "Banana" was not my name, so why was it there. The poor guy flustered for a while and tried to explain, but i let him off and told him i was just kidding. K couldn't help laughing. = P




After dinner, K told me he had to go to the National Library to pick up a book on Tourism for his colleague. I actually believed him, and thought it was a good idea since i can also go and borrow some books to read. And so we parked, and went inside. While waiting for the lift, i told K there was a drama theatre in the library and not many people knew about it (i've watched a local production there before). So K said he would like to take a look.

We were looking around the foyer of the drama theatre when K suddenly pulled me towards the entrance, saying that he want to go inside and see. There was a lady usher standing there, so of course i was relunctant and thought K was crazy.. But he continued to pull me and when we reached the entrance, he took out 2 tickets from his pocket and handed it to the lady. I was so shocked i just kept going: " HUH? Why? What show are we watching? What's happening?" The usher couldn't stop giggling at us.

It was a local production based on the play "The Vagina Monologues" by Eve Ensler. It was rated M18 due to the vulgarity and sexual content in the play. The play is basically about women and celebrating the female species. I had a great time and enjoyed the show tremendously. There was plenty of humor and also many parts that i could identify with. There was one part where they threw sanitary napkins to the audience, and even a super good pole dance. We were even made to say the word "Vagina" and "Cunt" several times, because these words just seemed so taboo in our society that we don't even say it at all.



After the 2 hour play, K and I headed home.. I had another plesant surprise when i went into the bedroom to change and saw that the bed was neatly arranged. And on top of my pillow, was a red heart-shaped box. Apparently, K has went home to do all these earlier today. Inside the box was a notebook, a soft toy sheep that baas when you squeeze it (too cute!) and a night dress (which K refused to let me put on my blog). = P

I totally melted in K's arms after that. And i thought to myself just how blessed i am to be loved by this wonderful man.. = )



1 Response to "My Birthday & Wedding Anniversary Celebration"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    awww. that is sweet! he put so much thought into making your day special!