Japanese Buffet and My First Fish Spa!!

Last Sunday was a very Japanese Sunday for me. K and I went for my favourite Sunday lunch buffet at this Japanese restaurant in Sogo shopping center.. We never fail to patronize this place everytime we are in KL for the weekend.






They have one of the best potato salad and beef sukiyaki i've tried.. We had the healthy stuff (edamame, sushi, sashimi, chawamushi), and the unhealthy stuff (tempura and chocolate ice cream to complete the meal)..




After lunch, we shopped around in Sogo, Pavilion, and then decided to try out this 28 RM Japanese fish spa at Bukit Bintan's Picolo Hotel. The experience was totally hilarious.. It was a first time for K and I.. We went in and were greeted by 2 chinese women dressed in Kimonos. We had to wash and dry our feet ouselves (maybe that's why it's so cheap!) and then we had 30 minutes to submerse our feet into one of 2 fish tanks filled with hungry fishes. One had small fishes, and the other had much bigger fishes. I was not ready to be at the mercy of these fishes, so decided to take it slow and literally "test water" by putting a little bit of my right foot in first.. It was totally scary... the minute i put my foot into the water, the whole school of them literally swarmped over and started feasting on my foot! I let out a small yelp and yanked myself out.. K did the same, took his foot out, then turned and asked me why the hell he agreed to come with me in the first place.. = )



It took us a good 3-5 minutes before we took a deep breath and finally put both our feet into the small fish tank. At first, it was really ticklish. But after a while, we got used to it, and it was actually quite therapeutic just watching the fishes eating the dead skin off my feet.




We had 15 more minutes left before we decided to give the other tank a shot. This one was even scarier cause the fishes were so huge!! I was half worried they will eat my flesh instead of my skin.. Nonetheless, being the typical Kiasu Singaporeans that we were, we decided that we should try it since we already paid for it. So K went in first, then me. The first few bites were a bit painful, but like the first tank, we got used to it after a while. It took me a lot of courage to try the big fish tank though, and I'm really proud that i survived my very first fish spa!! = )





1 Response to "Japanese Buffet and My First Fish Spa!!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    hahaha, i was going to take k to try out a fish spa but i think he is horrified now after i showed him the big fish eating the dead skin cells...