A Leisurely Day

K drove me to Botanic Gardens yesterday morning to join a group of mothers from the New Mothers Support Group for their monthly walk.

By the time i reached the meeting point at the Visitor's center, there was no one there, so i ended up taking a stroll by myself.  I called the organizer along the way, and then met the group 20 mins later at the cafe near the main entrance..

This was the second time i attended the groups' activities, the first being a coffee chat at Spruce cafe in Tanglin.. It was really nice seeing so many babies of different shapes and sizes, mostly (99.9%) caucasian babies, and so adorable!!  I was smiling like an idiot throughout just looking at how cute the babies were..  = )

Anyway, i don't think i will go and attend their activities again.  Cause i still feel awkward being the only one (or minority) who is Asian, still pregnant and without a baby to fuss about.  For the past two times, i always seem to be the odd one out, not being able to make much conversation with the mummies as they fuss around their babies.  Plus, everyone seem to know everyone else, and that made it even more awkward for me.

After my little walk at the gardens, i headed to Borders and sat there for more than an hour finishing up a Jodi Picoult book i had borrowed from the library but was still lying around at home cause i didn't have time to read it.  I still have 3 more library books to finish up before end of this month..  Arghh...

In the afternoon, i went to Tampines and met up with Mokky for a drink.. He had broken up with his girlfriend so I kind of asked him out for a chat.. Just 2 weeks ago at a wedding, he had just told me that he will be marrying this girlfriend of his.  They even bought a flat together.. Sigh.. 

As we chatted over drinks, Mokky asked me how K and I did it.. Frankly, for the past 9 years, i still think K does all the work to maintain our relationship, I'm more like the one to just give up and take him for granted.  I am such a lucky bitch! = )

1 Response to "A Leisurely Day"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    OMG. Have you talked to Mokky since the Tampines meeting? How is he?