Mamma Mia !!

I went to watch the movie "Mamma Mia!" with K last week. We had redeemed a pair of free tickets from my M1 points and thought it would be not too bad.

K thought the movie was an insult to ABBA. I thought it was an insult to the original musical. The movie was quite crappy actually, don't know why it's topping the box office. Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep are good actors, but they can't sing for crying out loud! My personal "favourite" is the part where Meryl Streep (who plays the lead character Donna) sings "The Winner Takes It All" on top of a cliff, and Pierce Brosnan just stand there looking handsome throughout the whole song.. It was hilarious looking at Meryl waving her arms wildly , and her super long scarf flapping around in the strong wind while Brosnan tries not to look bored or fall off the cliff.. LOL!

I did have my fair share of laughs though, but seriously, this show would have been much better if they chose the right actors / voices. Tom Hanks happen to be one of the producers / directors. He should be shot.. Meryl should stick to playing mean female characters like "The Devil Wears Prada" and Brosnan should stick to playing "James Bond" and jumping OFF cliffs instead of standing ON TOP of them.. = P

1 Response to "Mamma Mia !!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    really? I enjoyed the movie a lot! In US, they even launched the karaoke singalong version. During the movie, lyrics will appear on the screen and the moviegoer can sing along.

    I agree that Brosnan cannot sing. But he's so good looking I can overlook that. I thought Meryl was quite good actually. When the musical was in Singapore, I thought it was quite bad. I was more bored watching the musical than the movie.