My mini Mid-Autumn celebration with K..

Yesterday night, i went to bed super early at 930pm. But i ended up tossing and turning in bed. K couldn't sleep too as a result of my T&T.

I simply couldn't bring myself to let Mid-Autumn pass without any mooncakes and lanterns.. I was totally upset that my mooncake party had been postponed, and sad that i was spending the actual 15th day of the lunar calendar with no friends at my house laughing and having tea and mooncakes and lanterns. Plus the fact that it was pouring outside, and i can't even see the full moon... = (

I know this may sound ridiculous, but the whole episode yesterday was totally not what i had planned.. Initially, i thought if my mooncake party is cancelled, i can still go over to my grandma's place and have mooncakes and play lanterns with the kids. But grandma is hospitalized.

K knew i was very affected by this whole Mid-Autumn festival thingie. So, after an hour of my tossing and turning and sulking, he agreed to "celebrate" Mid-Autumn with me. We got out of bed, went to the living room, and lighted a candle for my red paper lantern. Then we walked around the living room with my red paper lantern on a wooden stick, and me giggling non-stop.. After walking one round in my living room, we opened up a box mooncakes from Raffles Hotel, and K had one small bite of the mini snow skin with dark crunchy pearl chocolate mooncake. Then with my red lantern still glowing, we stood by the living room window and stared into space (since we couldn't see the moon).. I dangled my lantern outside the window so everyone on the roads could see.. = )

We went to bed shortly after. I had closure, and felt completely loved.. = )

1 Response to "My mini Mid-Autumn celebration with K.."

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    K is so sweet to wake up and celebrate with you. Hehe, you are really one for a holiday. I can imagine if you are here, you will be decorating your house according to all the big holidays like new year's, independence day, thanksgiving and christmas. lol.

    I hope your grandma recovers soon.