Pardon my French!!

I had to do some entertaining yesterday. My colleague from Paris was in town, and i had promised to meet him for dinner. So i met him at his hotel, then took a cab to Clarke Quay to my favourite Mexican restaurant. I figured since he is going to pay using the company card, i might as well have something i like but won't usually eat cause it's too expensive!! heehee.. Besides, i asked him what he would like to eat but he said anything!

At the restaurant, i saw my colleague at the table behind us, but don't think he saw us though. Anyway, the food was great, we talked a lot about work (he was here for tomorrow's big conference call), about our families, and his dog blah blah blah.. I also found out that he has a son my age. He took my hand once to tell me how happy he is to meet me and have dinner with me.. That felt awkward. Not sure if it's something the French does so i just ignored it. After dinner, we went to Coffee Club for dessert. I sat down, and expected him to sit on the chair opposite me, but he chose to sit beside me instead. I ordered my favourite mud pie. He got a shock when he saw the humongous mud pie that was served. Haha.. that was funny! So we talked and then he took my hand again for the second time. And said the same thing. I was definitely not comfortable by then. But didn't know what to do. So I decided to call K and ask him to come and pick me. I talked a lot about K during our conversations. I think subconciously, i was hoping that he will get the hint that i am happily married and stop flirting!

Not sure if i am being overly sensitive here, cause I know that French guys like to flirt, and he can be old enough to be my father. But i don't think i will meet up with him again alone next time!!

1 Response to "Pardon my French!!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Ooh la la! Moi has her charms oui? ;)

    How did he behave at the BIG conference call?