27 Sep: JB Bak Kut Teh

I've been craving for my JB Bak Kut Teh since i came back from New Zealand about a month ago.. There is this particular shop that sells really delicious bak kut teh, and K and I used to go there a lot when we were doing our wedding photos..  The Singapore version of bak kut teh is usually where the soup is clear-based and really peppery.  but the ones in Malaysia (which i prefer) are usually brown based soup with herbs.. Until now i still can't find a place in Singapore that sells really nice herbal bak kut teh.

So on Sunday, K and I went into JB and had bak kut teh for breakfast.  The initial plan was to go with my in laws only.  But in the end, K's sister, grandmother and auntie came along too..haha.. I felt like a big shot, because of my craving so many people go JB so early in the morning.. = )  The downside was, i didn't have my fill of the food.. cause too many people sharing, and we didn't order a lot, plus we wanted to go for an early lunch before heading back to Singapore.  So i told K my craving still not 100% satisfied.. =P

After breakfast, we headed to Giant for some grocery shopping, then had lunch at this Korean restaurant before driving back to Singapore.  K and I spent the rest of the day in Singapore viewing properties with my in laws..

For dinner, we had the balance preserved vegetables and beancurd soup that K cooked the day before, grilled teriyaki salmon, and otah otah with  brown rice.. And we watched "24" while eating.. in fact, we've been addicted to the show since K finished downloading the latest season!

1 Response to "27 Sep: JB Bak Kut Teh"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    My favorite bak kut teh is also the Malaysian bak kut teh.