28 Aug: Bria's first concert!

B brought me to Raffles Hotel Jubilee Hall today for the grand finals of the Singapore Airlines Octave III  singing competition. One of his colleagues had made it to the top 12 and had bought 2 tickets for B to come and support him.  According to B, the tickets actually cost $60 each!  Which is over priced if you ask me, cause there were no food served, the goodie bag was nothing fantastic, and we were gonna watch a bunch of unknown amateurs, not some budding rock star!

Anyway, it's been a long time since i attended a concert or performance of any sort, so this was a welcome treat for me.. Plus, i loved the pair of Gordon Max diamond earrings that was included in the goodie bag!!  This must be what the $60 tickets are for.. = )

The whole thing ended around 1045pm, and K came to pick me up.  I had worn the wrong shoes and had developed really bad blisters by the end of the day, so i had no choice but to ask K to pick me up.  Which made me feel bad cause i had planned to take the MRT back with B after the concert.  Sigh.. stupid me had wanted to dress up for the night, but had no proper pregnancy-friendly shoes except my Crocs (which does not go well at all with my dress).  So.. i wore my pointed toe low heeled black cloak shoes and walked the entire day in town, meeting potential customers and then B, and then to the concert.

B's friend did not make it to the top 3 in the end.  Which was a pity, cause he chose the wrong song.  Then again, none of those whom i thought were good won. To me, it's all political, the top 3 for both male and female categories are from different races.  Even though i thought at least 2 Chinese (one of whom was in the top 7 in "Project Superstar") should be in the top 3. Plus, the 2 male and female champions can't sing.  They probably won only because of their showmanship, even though this is supposed to be a singing competition. 

I think Baby Bria enjoyed herself tremendously though.  She kicked quite a few times during the concert (B got the chance to feel one of her kicks / somersaults).  Then she continued kicking throughout the whole night, causing me to lose sleep.. I actually woke up at 3am and she was still kicking! = )

1 Response to "28 Aug: Bria's first concert!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Girl likes music! :)