Christmas

K and I brought Bria to the doctor on Christmas Eve.. She hasn't been sleeping much for the past 2 days before Christmas Eve, plus her diaper rashes had developed into blisters and we suspect that was the cause of her insomnia..  And because it was Christmas Eve and most clinics were open for half a day, we ended up driving all the way to Bishan cause it was the only clinic we could find that was still open in the evening.

The doctor gave us some cream and bath lotion for Bria's diaper blisters, and some syrup to help her sleep.  Apparently, the diaper blisters were caused by us not cleaning her diaper area thoroughly enough.  We spent $85 for the consultation plus medication.  Ever since then, C and I have been using the cream and lotion every day religiously, and changing her diaper very frequently.  I have also adopted the practice of airing Bria's diaper area every day for a few minutes.  Now, the rashes and blisters have all disappeared. 

On Christmas Day, i finally gave in to temptation, and went to the Christmas dinner party at K's uncle's house.  Not only did i went out during my confinement, i also had a feast of non-confinement food for dinner. There was shepherd's pie, turkey, beef, salmon, tomatoes, log cakes, chips etc.. and i consumed them all.. haha.. Apparently, K's relatives are not that into the whole "confinement" thing at all.  When his aunties heard i wasn't going to go to the party, they kicked up such a fuss.. One of them even said she was going to call me to persuade me to come.  And it's barely 2 weeks since i gave birth.  My mom would have screamed if she knew i stepped out of the house.. = )

The party was fun while it lasted.. And Bria was a super good girl throughout the night, sleeping and then waking up but not crying every now and then so the relatives can carry her and coo at her.  But about 2 hours later, i started to get really tired and sleepy, and Bria must have felt the same way too cause she started to cry.  I kept asking K to leave but it was difficult for him to cause firstly, the gift exchange had not started.  Everyone was still singing karaoke and playing cards.  Secondly, we needed to take a lift from our in laws who were not ready to leave at all.  Plus, i think K was enjoying himself playing computer games with his cousins. So after waiting for another half an hour, i couldn't take it any more.  So i went out to the living room and announced to the host that i would make a move first cause i was tired.  I couldn't possibly use Bria as an excuse cause she had been well behaved the whole night.  So i had to use myself as the reason for leaving.

The whole thing dragged for another half an hour after i said i wanted to leave.  Cause then they started the gift exchange, then there was the whole swapping presents and taking home some left over food part, and the whole good bye to everybody part, before we FINALLY left.  That night, K and I slept at 5am.  For some reason, Bria ended up crying throughout the whole night and morning and we had to keep comforting her.  Eventually, we got so tired that we let C take over the next shift and we slept.  I was so exhausted I slept until 12pm the next day.

Over the weekend, Bria got better.  But we still had to feed her the syrup to keep her drowsy and make her sleep.  Today, we did not feed her the syrup at all, and she slept. after feeding  She is such a drinker!  I think she drinks much more milk than normal babies her age.  I  still don't have enough  breast milk for her, so my formula milk is finishing super fast!  My Bria is also very strong.  At 2 weeks, she is already learning how to flip around when she is lying on her bed.  We tried to put her to sleep on her tummy yesterday, and she could actually lift up her head and try to turn around.  And the way she kick and wave her arms... my god.. so much strength this baby! Not sure if i should be worried.. = )

This morning, i was feeding Bria, and i noticed that her head has grown much bigger.. So much so that it is not proportionate to the rest of her body.. She looks like Tweety bird... haha.. I don't really like it. Hopefully the rest of her body will gain weight soon so she will look more "normal"..

I went out again today. Went grocery shopping with C at the newly opened NTUC near my place. I had been looking forward to it, but was so disappointed to find that it's only a small NTUC with no fresh meat and vegetables, just the usual dry goods that you find in 7-eleven and Cheers.  In the evening, K and I drove out to Orchard road.  He went to visit his customer while i shopped at the baby department at Tangs.. Both my sister and my mom called me while I was in Orchard. Lucky they never ask me why there's so much background noise.. haha.. Oh well, i guess i'm not really the type to be stuck at home for 1 whole bloody month! = )

1 Response to "Christmas"

  1. Baby Gorgeous Says:

    Hi Senorita,

    Sorry for the late reply.. I missed your comment and feel really bad..

    You asked about the extra mattress etc for the Bon Bebe baby cot.. You can get the bedsheet, pillow case, mattress cot and bolster at Baby Hypermart at Ubi.. I got another Winnie the Pooh set there..

    As for the musical mobile, you may want to consider a projector instead. I also got one which is more useful but try and put it face outward on the cot instead of inside the cot. I find this more useful then the musical mobile as they cannot use it after 6 months old.. they will try and pull it down which can be dangereous.

    I hope Bria is getting well and take care :)