Sis's Birthday

Last Friday was Sis's birthday.  Earlier in the morning, i popped by this florist at Eunos MRT and arranged for a bouquet of sunflower with a baby pooh bear and a little red "Happy Birthday" cushion heart to be delivered to her office.  The pooh bear is supposed to be me.. = )

In the evening, i met up with her for dinner.  Apparently, there's this new Japanese restaurant called Tonkichi at Tampines Mall, and she wanted to try it..  But the food was nothing spectacular.  They were known for their black pork cutlet, but neither of us were fans of black pork, so we ordered the usual tempura soba and teriyaki sashimi sets..  Halfway through our dinner, Sis asked a waitress if her set included chawamushi (cause she wasn't sure).  The waitress nodded and almost immediately brought over a bowl of chawamushi.  Seconds later, she was confronted by one of her female colleagues (apparently someone more senior than her).  This female colleague asked the poor waitress sarcastically, right in front of me and my sister: "My table got chawamushi set meh?  Open your eyes big and see properly ok!"  To which the poor waitress responded by apologizing and taking away the chawamushi from our table..

Sigh.. some people are just so narrow minded.. She shouldn't have done all that right in front of the customers and embarrass the poor girl.. The sad thing is, this girl is also very young herself.  But just because she is more senior, she behaves like this..

Anyway, after dinner, we went shopping for clothes.  We finally ended up in this little store called "Cache" in Tampines One.  There was a sale going on so there were a lot of people in the store.  I went in with my sister, but didn't last long inside.  After being elbowed by a middle aged auntie who didn't even apologize, i told my sister i will wait outside the store for her.

K came to pick me up shortly after around 930pm.. I was already exhausted by then.. = )

1 Response to "Sis's Birthday"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Wow, the last time I was in Singapore, someone told me that tonkichi had the best Katsu pork, especially their black pig. So I'm looking forward to try the next time I come back. I love black pig, it's super tender.

    Ya, that senior waitress really rude.