Dad's Surgery & The Art of Combat..

I went to visit my father in law in hospital yesterday night for the 2nd time. K's father had undergone a surgery to remove this growth in his saliva glands that was causing the left side of his throat to swell. It was the first time I saw a raw surgery wound, still red and swollen with totally obvious stitches. While we were there the first time, Dad puked several times. Apparently, it was normal for someone to puke just after surgery.

The second time we were there, Dad looked much better. K and I were surprised when we arrived at the ward to see so many of his uncles and aunties and grandma there. Think we ended up overcrowding the ward! = )

Dad's due to discharge this Saturday, hopefully everything goes well..

Few days ago, K mentioned that he would ask EK and Gary to teach us some simple self defence / close combat (since they were both commandoes by training). K was worried about safety in New Zealand, that we might meet some poor aboriginals along the way and be harmed. Now he's starting to freak me out.. So far, the thought of going to New Zealand has been all roses and daisies for me. I guess I need to freaking wake up from La La land and get real..

1 Response to "Dad's Surgery & The Art of Combat.."

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    poor aboriginals?! i think NZ is quite safe lor. Keep mace with you or pepper spray. Spray and Run!