Dragon Boat Race Carnival

I actually woke up at 7am this morning to go to my company's 5th dragon boat race carnival..
Haven't woke up so early for a long time.. think the last time was when K and I were still going to JB to pump petrol.. = )

The carnival was at Lower Seletar Reservior, and because K was not around, i had to make my way there myself. So i took the train from Eunos ALL the way to Khatib station. Again, can't remember the last time i took the MRT to somewhere so far away. Think the last time was when i was still in NUS, and had to take the MRT all the way from Simei to Clementi. I kinda enjoyed myself already. = )

Upon reaching Khatib, i asked around for directions, and ended up taking a bus to the reservoir.


The reservoir park was super busy with all the hustle and bustle and cheerful ho-hum of a carnival that had just started. As i started to scout for my colleagues, i was greeted by the mascot. Cute.


For some reason, when i saw my colleagues standing in a group with their dragon boat team tee-shirts, i just run towards them, and got all excited... haha.. That was the first of many times i felt a sense of regret for not joining them for the race! = (

Our department did not get into the finals.. although we did rowe twice because we got in third place in the heats. There were plenty of races this morning, and a lot of dramatic finishes where boats in the third place suddenly charge ahead and end up as the champion. Totally fascinating. It's a bonus too that we got a super energetic emcee to host the event. He was so energetic that he screamed and shouted throughout the whole event from 8am to 2pm.. and he even went to stand at the edge of the reservoir to provide amazing commentary on the finals!

Plus, there was plenty of good food.. I had bananas, plenty of water and iced milo, and roast chicken subway sandwich for lunch.

I enjoyed myself tremendously today.. Didn't regret waking up at 7am. I think it was good fun and great bonding with all my colleagues.

I got a lift from one of my colleagues to Toa Payoh MRT station and headed home from there. It was a whole morning and half an afternoon of non-stop "sun-tanning" for me today, so by the time i reached home, i immediately took a shower and slept till 7pm.

Woke up to an empty house, had apples, hung the clothes to dry, and headed downstairs to buy my favourite fried noodles. Received a surprise phone call from my JC friend to invite me to his solemnization two weeks later. On the way home, i got caught in the rain. Run all the way home and was totally wet from head to toe. What a day!! = )












1 Response to "Dragon Boat Race Carnival"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    you look very pro beating the drums in your last pic. :)

    i like your new blogskin! are you a night owl?