Lazy old Saturday..

I woke up to the yelling of the rag and bone man this morning.. Got dressed and hurried out of my house in search of my savior.. As luck had it, he was on the 5th floor. I managed to sell off all the paper and magazines that i had stacked up in my study room and store room for a grand total of $1.50. Words cannot describe how happy i was to have finally gotten rid of all these bags and bags of paper, which was a total eye sore to me! So many a time had i wanted to just throw them all away during my Chinese New Year spring cleaning.

Today is a lazy Saturday for me.. Went to the wet market to buy some minced chicken meat. I had planned on cooking lunch today but forgot to buy the minced meat yesterday during my grocery shopping. I ended up also buying some roti prata and soya bean milk for breakfast. I actually enjoyed my short trip and thought it was nice to just soak in the atmosphere created by the crowds of people doing their wet marketing and having breakfast at the hawker center.. = )

I made mee sua soup for lunch, but ended up overcooking the noodles so we ended up eating "porridge" haha.. = ) tomorrow i'm making cold pasta..

K had gone cycling with Gary at Bukit Timah this morning. So during lunch, K was sharing with me his cycling adventure. He seemed to have enjoyed himself tremendously. He was telling me about a certain area in Bukit Timah where the air actually smelled sweet. Interesting. He also told me how he and Gary were sharing stories about their wives, and comparing how crazy their wives can get. Apparently, Gary's wife is also a clean freak like me. So then, Gary was sharing about how his wife would scold him whenever he brushes his teeth and leaves toothpaste on the floor. And K countered that by sharing how I would scold him when it's just a matter of him placing the toothpaste on the wrong side of the vanity top.. haha.. he won hands down! = ) Didn't know i was THAT crazy..

I was so bored yesterday i went to google myself.. I was quite surprised to see that my name actually appeared a couple of times on the search results page.. didn't know i was that famous"! = )

Last week, K and I attended a marketing talk organized by Marriott. We sat there for 90 mins listening to this sales girl (who shared the same name as me) promoting their Marriott Vacation Club membership. Basically, we were being persuaded to pay a 5 digit sum over 10 years, in order to enjoy 47 years of luxurious accommodation worldwide for up to 5 days a year. It would be enticing if we were the frequent travellers sort, flying to far away countries for holidays and looking for 5 star hotels to stay. But no thank you. So we ended up walking away with a $200 Takashimaya voucher for our time, which was the reason why we went in the first place, and K marketing his service apartments to the same sales girl who was trying to sell to us. = )

Tomorrow, K and I will be attending a 4 hour talk by the well known Adam Khoo. One of my colleagues had invited me to attend. Something on "Patterns of Excellence". I wonder what i will learn from that.. Look forward to it!

1 Response to "Lazy old Saturday.."

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Glad you two on the mend. :)