K Box!

I went to the K box at Marina Square after work yesterday evening to celebrate a colleague's birthday. I heard there was gonna be a buffet dinner, and since I wasn't planning to sing, i told my colleagues they could entertain me while i feast on the buffet spread.. = P

The K Box @ Marina Square was surprisingly good.. We had a nice room to ourselves, the service was prompt, and they served good food at the buffet spread. I was a happy camper.

First up, drinks. One of the staff came in and took orders for our drinks almost immediately when we went into our room. All of us ordered honey lemon. I was expecting some really lame honey lemon drink to be served (as i had experienced in previous karaoke lounges), but the honey lemon actually tasted good. At least i can taste both the honey AND the lemon rather than just hot water!

Secondly, they served decent food at the buffet spread. I actually liked most of the food they had there, although i had expected a huge variety of crappy food. They had a tim sum corner ( loved their steaming hot kaya bun!), a Japanese food corner (salmon sashimi was delicious), a laksa corner (the laksa is actually not too bad!), fried stuff corner (yummy chicken wings, onion rings and fried fishball), cooked food corner etc etc.. AND.. their fruits are actually SWEET!! Can you imagine that! And all this for $30 per person including 4 hours of non stop karaoke. I think that's as reasonable as it gets.

It was overall a fun night.. i think i overate though.. haha.. went off early in order to hitch a ride from our lawyer colleague who happens to live in the east.. K won't be home for the next week, so looks like i have to start making friends with more car owners in the east!! HAHA.. I know, i'm so pathetic.. = P










1 Response to "K Box!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    where is this ktv?