Flight Tales..

I woke up at 730 yesterday morning, wanted to have buffet breakfast at the hotel lobby, but after some dilly-dallying packing my luggage and putting on make up etc.. I had no time left. So ended up eating a banana before checking out. I waited at the lobby for my boss.. and since i have never met her before and don't know how she looked like, I kept a lookout for any Caucasian lady coming out from the elevator with luggage to check out. Finally, I saw one. She walked past me, went to the reception to check out. She didn't see me. So I went closer and waited behind her. After she did her check out, she turned around, saw me and called my name. Apparently, she had seen my photo before and therefore could recognize me easily. We walked to the office and chatted along the way. I thought she looked like a more mature version of Cameron Diaz! = )

We reached the office, did all the usual introduction to the people there, and then began our 1.5 hours meeting. After our meeting, she continued another discussion with my Hong Kong colleague, so i walked around the office and chit chat with some of my colleagues there. At 12pm, we went for lunch. Dim Sum again.. Best! = )

My boss left after lunch to catch her flight.. And because i still had like 4 hours to spare, i decided to go to the gym. Ended up running on the threadmill for more than 1 hour. I was watching CNN while running, and the news of the plane crash in Buffalo, Clarence Center was being broadcast.. So i got glued on it and didn't realize i was running for that long! Now my knees and legs are aching like mad..

As if the world is not chaotic enough, the plane has to crash and kill 50 people, levelling one house in the process.. Sigh..

After my gym workout, i still had 1 hour to spare before i had to head to the airport. So i decided to walk around Causeway Bay again. Bought a few boxes of Wife Cakes for Dad and some super-cheap Neutrogena whitening facial masks..

Back at the hotel, i took my bags, and the bellboy got me a cab.. i took plenty of pictures while I was in the cab, not realizing the "drama" i was about to encounter later..

Upon reaching the hotel, i realized the cab did not accept credit cards, and I didn't have enough cash.. The driver got irritated, and I didn't know what to do.. I had my credit cards with me, so he told me to withdraw money using the cards. But i didn't know the pin number to withdraw from the ATM. In the end, i had to run to the currency exchange, changed all my $24 Singapore dollars into HKD, and then run back to pay the driver who was waiting by the side of the road (when he was not supposed to). Still it wasn't enough. I still owed him 80 HKD. But there was really nothing else i could do. The driver drove off in a huff leaving me completely guilt-stricken.. Sigh... And in al the chaos, i forgot to ask him for receipt. I wil probably get a scolding from him if i asked for a receipt, but now i have to explain to my boss why there is no receipt when i claim for the taxi fare! Damn suay!

After checkig in, i went to the lounge to cool down and have some food.. The food there is one of the best lounge food i've tasted.. They dont have many dishes just a few but very nice. I had the fried rice, and this meat dumpling "money bag". Plus 2 mini tubs of Haagen Diaz ice cream.. Heavenly..

On board the plane, I saw a few other colleagues who were on the same plane. Such a coincidence. Lucky we weren't sitting together.. I usually don't like to sit with my colleagues on business trips.. Don't really feel like talking or pretending to be interested to hear them talk. Most of the time, on the plane, i just want to eat, watch video, play games or sleep..

Somehow, there always seem to be some funny encounters for me when i'm on the plane. This time round, it was the man sitting beside me. He was reading newspapers in the most unconsiderate way. First, the lady in front of him turned around and told him his papers were constantly brushing against her head. Then after that, I got irritated with him as well, and told him that he was blocking my light by holding his papers too high. I think he gave up reading the papers after that. haha...

I touched down in Singpore 3.5 hours later.. When i walked out into the arrival hall, i was looking for the taxi stand cause i knew K wouldn't be there to pick me since he had something on. But as I was walking towards the taxi stand, I saw a familiar silhouette standing by one of the counters.. It was K, grinning from ear to ear.. = )

As we waited in line for my taxi, I told K all my stories.. from the cab driver to the unconsiderate newspaper guy. K said I tend to attract so much drama in my life. = )

If I were to write a book on all the funny incidents that happened to me during my travels
(be it on the plane or at the airport).. i will probably call it "Flight Tales"..

1 Response to "Flight Tales.."

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    'Flight Tales' as in a pun on 'Fright Tales'?