I'm in Love!

After nearly 1 month of slacking, my colleagues and I finally got back to playing badminton and basketball today.. As usual, had to chase after them to pack up and go.. Today we had 2 courts to ourselves cause another colleague of mine booked the same community center as us. I just found out recently that she has also been playing badminton every week with colleagues from other departments. And one of them happened to be this pretty girl that my colleague had a crush on.. So... because there is such a strong motivation, this colleague of mine went with us today. = )

We played a few matches, totally not on form today.. I'm beginning to worry how i am going to play at the sports meet in KL next month. And because the team was seriously lacking female players, i thought i might find a few good female players with this new group. The pretty girl is actually not too bad, not sure if she would be keen though, probably ask her tomorrow. I paired up with this other girl, nearly died.. She's a nice girl, but when it comes to badminton, she is soooo fragile!! She doesn't run for the ball, and when she hits it, it's ever so lightly.. my god.. And there i was, running around and smashing the shuttle like a crazy girl. There were a couple of times when i just couldn't take it, so I asked her to please run and use more strength to hit the shuttlecock, although i said it with a smile.

We continued with basketball after our badminton courts were "hijacked" by the next paying customer.. It was a good game on the basketball front.. We had fun, and we even smashed a light tube that was lying on the wall near the court.. The whole scenerio was quite funny. Somebody threw the ball, it flew too far, and went straight into the light tube. The tube fell and there was a loud smash. Everybody turned and looked at us. We were stunned for a while, didn't know what to do, so continued to play. Nobody from the center came out to investigate. About 15 minutes later, this China man came over and sweep everything up. Evidence destroyed.. haha.. = )

After the game, K and I went home to take a quick shower, change and have a quick dinner before heading to the wake of the grandmother of our secondary school friend.

That was quite an experience. First, when we arrived at the house, we were shocked to see just how large scale the entire funeral was.. there was a jam, and we couldn't find a parking space. I think there were at least 50 tables of people at the funeral. Our friend stays at an old bungalow and there's a small park in front of her house so he funeral was kinda set up in front of her house and on the park. It was the biggest funeral i have ever attended in my life. Apparently, her grandmother had 10 children and many god-children. Her family was a 4 generation one too, which means her grandmother had great-great-great grandchildren. Something like that.

That's not all.. At the funeral, i played with my friend's 7 month old baby boy, Hikaru. . My friend is really into Japanese culture and all, so she gave her son a Japanese name.. = )

The last time i saw him was at the hospital when he was just born. I fell totally in love with this baby.. He's so adorable!! Very "kuai" also, and easy to play with.. and he has a lot of expressions on his face. My favourite expression is when he just stares into space, like he's stoning.. And sometimes, he will just babble non-stop in baby language.. Plus, he smiles and chuckles easily. I never laughed so much at a funeral before! I love the kid so much i wanted to take him home with me. Playing with him just made me want to have a baby now! I hope i will get a baby boy like him! I told K i wanted to visit our friend and her son more often before we go to New Zealand. This baby just makes me so happy! I took some photos of him, wanted to take a picture WITH him, but didn't get a chance to. So sad.. K did though! I thought the baby looked a bit like K .. haha..


K with baby Hikaru


One of his many expressions..



My favourite "Stoning" look!


Chuckling and smiling away..

1 Response to "I'm in Love!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    ya! the same thought went through my mind. Hiraku looks like K!!!