Behaving like a mom

I  hate having people say to me: "Now that you are a mother, you must start to behave like one and be more mature"...

Not that anyone has told me that yet.. But it seems that society just expects people to behave differently once they become parents..  Well, I'm not going to.. I will still continue to have my fun, and bring out the child in me.  If anything, having Bria has made me feel much younger, rather than more mature or older.

Who says being a mother means i have to act serious and mature all the time?  A good mother will spend lots of time playing and talking to her baby.  Which I did! = )  So with all the baby talk and cooing and playing, it's really hard for me to become serious!  I just feel it'll be so fake if one moment i am playing with my baby all day and feeling like i am a child myself, and then the next moment, i have to pretend to be serious and act all grown up when i am talking to an adult.  

My baby is going to have a really hip, happening and playful mommy.. haha.. = P


1 Response to "Behaving like a mom"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Heh, guess it's you who feels like you might not be mature enough. It's ok, I talk to my cat all the time as if he was my baby. Sometimes I think I'm nuts.

    Oh no, I'm one of those crazy cat ladies!