End of CNY

K and I started and ended CNY with feasting.  On Saturday, we had a extended family gathering at my in law's place.  K's relatives from his Dad's side came over and my mom in law made nasi lemak for dinner.  We played mahjong and i lost again.. Super suay leh, so far this Chinese New Year i've lost money in every mahjong session!  Looks like i cannot gamble this year lah!

After dinner, K and I brought Bria to Kel and Carol's house to celebrate Kel's birthday party.  It was a last minute invitation from Carol, so i didn't buy any birthday present for Kel.  Met some of my EM colleagues there, and felt a bit awkward.  After all, it's been a really long time since i last met and interacted with these people.  Another minor reason why i don't want to go back to work anymore.  Actually, if possible, i would like to go back to the airport to work.  I was really happy then. I still missed my colleagues and the people there.   And the food! Plus the boss likes me.. = ) The only thing that sucked is the super low salary.  Otherwise I'll go back there anytime.

 On Sunday, K and I joined some relatives from my Mom in law's side for buffet dinner at Olive Tree Intercontinental.  The restaurant was having some promotion where they will give you a discount of your age if you are born in the year of the Tiger, up to 60% per table.  So K's 84 year old grandma went with us.  It was quite a sight at the restaurant.  There were many tables of more than 10 people, and each table had a really old person sitting there, most probably all born in the year of the Tiger.   Haha.. typical Singaporeans! = )

We were supposed to attend the Miata AGM after our dinner that night, but headed home instead cause the AGM was over by the time our dinner ended.  K kena saboh-ed and was voted Secretary for this year's ex-co...  

We drove to East Coast after our dinner and walked / jogged off some calories from our heavy dinner.  My first real exercise since i had Bria!  It felt really good and i couldn't sleep at night because of the work out.  The next day, my muscles started to ache.  Sigh.. I really need to exercise and lose all my fats before April when i go back to work!!  Plus, need to slim down before our Penang trip in April.. otherwise, no need to wear bikini liao.. haha...

1 Response to "End of CNY"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Too bad I'm not in Singapore or I will bring my parents to enjoy the buffet since my mum's a Tiger. :)