Mummy Woes

Being a mummy so far has been more physically painful for me than mentally stressful..
It's ironic that the pain isn't from the child birth process, but what comes AFTER child birth.  Seems like my back is totally gone now.. I keep getting back aches and sharp piercing pains in my lower back.. Probably side effects from the epidural.. Can't imagine i am going to take epidural again for my subsequent child.  My back will be SOOO damn painful!

Then there's the side effects from the supplements i am taking to increase my breast milk.  It does work, but the side effect is that it reduces my blood sugar level.  So these days, I've been getting ALOT of giddy spells.  Especially when i stand up and start walking after sitting down for a long time.  Nowadays, it's getting worse. I get giddy standing up even though i sit down for only a short period of time!  Sigh...

K and I spent the whole day with his family today.  For lunch, we had the Restaurant Week set lunch at Espirada Robertson Walk.  It was an okay lunch, but i loved their utensils!

                       The super long garlic bread for starters!  &
                     Me enjoying the delicious potato & garlic soup
                          K's escargots and super delicious nougat for dessert!

After lunch, we went house viewing.  Saw one 4-storey bungalow that both K and I absolutely loved at Punggol Seventeen.  But it was way beyond our budget... Sigh..

Dinner was at K's uncle's house.. Brought Bria there and had everyone fuss over her as usual.. After dinner, K had to go to his customer's place at Takashimaya, so we brought C and Bria to Taka.  I pushed Bria around in her new Stokke and brought her to some toy shops and played with her. She loves it!  As for me, well, i was just soaking in all the attention that both my Stokke and adorable baby were getting from strangers.. = )  While walking around the stores, we went into a store selling furniture for children. I saw this really pretty bed set for little girls and fell totally in love with it. Total price is $4400 including mattress.  It even comes with a matching cupboard that's sold separately.  I am SOOO going to get Bria a bed like this!  Think i will want to sleep with her too if she has this bed! = )



Here's a video of Bria in her Stokke and playing with her toy while waiting for her daddy.  At one point, her pacifier came off.  She tried to open her mouth and reach it but failed, so she used her hand and pushed her pacifier into her mouth!  It was such a priceless moment!  Too bad i didn't capture that on video..



1 Response to "Mummy Woes"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Oh wow, Bria is a princess! All those expensive stuff you are eyeing for her. Keep the stroller and carrier in good condition. I will buy them from you when I have my kid. ;)