Bria and Mommy's New Toy!

After more than 3 months of thinking and weighing of options, K and I finally bought Bria her baby stroller on Friday.. 

We got the Stokke Xplory!!  K and I have been ding-donging between the Stokke and the Phil and Ted.. But eventually, i managed to convince K that I really really love the Stokke.  In fact, it has been THE stroller i've always wanted, even before I had Bria.   Initially, we wanted to get it at MotherCare cause they have this interest free installment plan.  But all the MotherCare branches in Singapore were out of stock.  

Then we thought of getting it from the USA.. But shipping alone costs more than S$500, so we figured it doesn't make sense.  So eventually, i reserved one at Mothers Work in Great World City on Thursday.  Wanted to pick it up on Thursday but didn't manage to.  Then on Friday, still no time to pick up the stroller.  The shop closes at 9pm, and K was still not home at 8pm.  So i had to call the salesgirl and ask her to hold the stroller for me for another day.  5 minutes later, she called me and told me they were having a special promotion and selling the Stokke at more than 25% discount.  Phhwaaah!  I was so excited when i heard this cause essentially, the new price is about the same as if i buy it from the USA! I told K about it, and he rushed home to pick me, and we both rushed down just before the shop closed.  

We took some time deciding between the red and the cream color, but decided to take the cream cause it looks more "high class".. haha.  When we left the store, K said i looked like a klutz pushing a stroller around in the mall without a baby inside.. but no choice lah.. haha..

Upon reaching the carpark, we realized we couldn't fold the stroller, so we had to just chuck it in the back seat..

Finally managed to fold the stroller when I reached home and did some experimenting.  I guess we still need a lot of practice before we can use the stroller confidently..

Nonetheless, I LOVE MY NEW STOKKE!! It's so damn cool loh! = )




And Bria loves it too!  I pushed her around the house today.. Can't wait to bring her out in it!

1 Response to "Bria and Mommy's New Toy!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Haha, so you got the Stokke after all. Let me know how it handles. Though it's expensive, I think this stroller will have good resale value!