And the battle begins!

I'm going to KL tomorrow for the regional sports meet.. For some reason, I am extremely stressed up by the competition, and I even cried 2 days ago because of the stress. That was after my training session at Delta Sports Hall .. I was totally not on form that day during the training.. And i got so upset with myself that i broke in front of K when he came to pick me up. I kept asking myself why i can't play as well as the rest of the team, why i can miss even the simplest of shots. I just didn't want to be the only one to pull the rest of the team down. Plus the fact that we're playing against Indonesia added to the pressure. Cause the Indonesians are well known for churning out excellent badminton players. Plus, my colleague in Thailand, who have been practising with the Thai team, told me that the Thai female players are really good. I guess all these made me feel very pressurized. The problem is, i am not very close to my team members. In fact, some of them i don't even know. My partner is a very good female player, and because she has more stamina than me, our strategy is that i should guard the front , and she the back. Problem is, i am not good with front shots. I am better at smashing but yet do not possess the strength to hit the ball far enough. In addition, i feel stressed standing in front with her watching my every move from behind. It makes me feel more pressurized that i have to give the perfect shot. And i'm the kind who needs to relax to play a good game. Die lah!!

Anyway, i will try give it my best shot and try not to think too much. Just enjoy myself when I'm there.

Yesterday, i went out for dinner with my colleague from Fairfax. He had flown to Singapore for a training course, as well as to do handover of my work with me. We went to Cafe Iguana for some Mexican food, then Coffee Club for my favourite mudpie. Next week was my colleague's birthday, so i sang him a birthday song over the mudpie and asked him to make a wish and blow out an imaginary candle.. haha.. He said it was the nicest thing anyone had done for him.. = )

I met Fangjie when i was walking to Coffee Club. Apparently, he has a push cart booth selling souvenirs at Clarke Quay.. interesting..

This morning, i went for a health screening session at my office. There was a weight and height analysis, blood pressure test, fat analysis and blood test. I got myself a "kuku" (inexperienced / lousy) nurse for the blood test. She poked the needle into my right arm twice.. The first time my blood couldn't flow out, so she kept pushing the needle deeper into the vein, which was totally painful! Usually, i turn away from the needle for fear that looking at me would make me freak out. But when i felt that it was taking too long, i turned and saw that the nurse had poked the needle outside of where my vein was. There was this really obvious thick one in the middle, but she chose to poke the not so obvious one instead.. sigh.. it was sheer torture for me.. = (

Nonetheless, i had free buffet lunch because of the health screening.. had fried mee siam, fruits, some sandwiches etc.. Then because we had visitors for the training course in the office, there was some tea snacks in the afternoon.. The goodie bag was also quite impressive. We had a medicine pills box (the Monday to Sunday kind), an electronic skipping rope and a battery- operated massager! Not bad right!

Met EK and S for dinner just now.. K and I are trying to persuade them to come to New Zealand with us.. We are 80% there!! = )

1 Response to "And the battle begins!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    hey babe, you changed you blogskin again! is it in celebration of women's day or your wish for a calmer life and a baby?

    GO ADELINE!! That was me cheering you on for the sports meet. Maybe the problem is that you are worrying too much? Don't think too much and just focus on what you can do alright? Update us on the outcome.