DAY FOUR: 15 March 09

Today was the last day of my stay in KL. I woke up, met my colleague for breakfast. We were the few who were taking the afternoon flight back. Majority of the Singapore team took the morning flight.

The breakfast this morning was surprisingly good.. i had tomato sauce spaghetti with potatoes, omelette, fruits, and cereals. After breakfast, i went back to my room to pack up, then headed to Pavilion again with my colleague to buy my favourite egg loaf from Lavender cakeshop.. I just had to buy one last loaf before i leave!

We managed to walk back to the hotel just in time to check out and board the bus to the airport.

Upon arrival at the airport, we checked in.. as usual i was the only one who didn't need to check in, so i had to wait for all the rest to check in, and even gave away my baggage allowance to one of the golfers. Oh well.. By the time we finished the check in, there wasn't much time left, so a small group of us decided to head to MacDonald's for a quick lunch. It was there that i encountered more drama. Seems like my 4 days trip is filled with drama from the start (when the taxi driver left without waiting for me) until the end even at the airport before i fly off!

Initially, it was just me and my colleague who first arrived at Macdonald's. We managed to find a table for 9 people for our group of 8. So we put our bags on the seats to "reserve" the places. The rest of the gang arrived shortly after, but i had went ahead to queue to buy food. When i went back with the food, 6 of us were already sitting at the table, 2 were still buying food. Then along came this Chinese man in his late 30s, who just came and without a word, sat down on the chair beside me with his tray of food. My colleague, who was sitting opposite him, said to him politely: "Excuse me, this seat is taken." To which he retorted: "What? Nobody sit here what!"
And started to eat. I was so pissed off I looked at him and said: "But you didn't even ask if this seat was taken, how can you assume it's not?" Then he replied with the same reason that nobody was sitting on the chair, and so he sat down. Can you imagine?? My colleague then explained to him that our friends were buying food that's why there is nobody sitting on the chair, but if he is comfortable eating like that, then he can go ahead and "enjoy" his food. Haha.. i giggled. And you know what the man said? He said: "Too bad, ask your friend to sit elsewhere." I was SOOO pissed! If it's not because we were rushing for time, and my colleague kinda ask us to let it go, i would have quarrelled with him until the cows come home. Instead, we just ate our food with him sitting right in the middle of us. I don't know how the hell he can finish his entire meal without feeling awkward. During the meal, one of my female colleagues just talked loudly on purpose, about how inconsiderate and rude some people are etc. etc.. just so that he can hear. The irony of it all was where another Malay boy approached him and asked if the seat beside him was taken. It was like reminding him that this is basic courtesy and common social etiquette to ask and not just sit down on any empty seat available in the restaurant. Especially not when the empty seat is right in the middle of a group of people!

Anyway, other than this stupid man, the rest of my flight back was uneventful. I related the whole incident to K when he picked me up from the airport, and asked him how he would react. K said he would probably throw the guy's food tray on top of his head.. haha.. = ) The world is indeed filled with all kinds of weird people these days..

1 Response to "DAY FOUR: 15 March 09"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    how rude! reminds me of this article in straits times where 3 office ladies choped their seats with tissues then went to buy food.

    when they came back, 2 ang mohs were sitting in their table. obviously they didn't know about how we chope tables. and the 3 office ladies scoled the ang mohs and chased them away.