Tokyo here I come!!!

3 more days before i arrive in Tokyo!! So excited.. I've already planned my itinerary for the first and last day when i will have some time on my own.. Even went to this website to find the routes to get to the places i want to go, and calculate how much the train fare will be.. quite proud of myself for the planning i did.. = )

There are so many things that i want to do and see! And so many things to buy. For some reason, there are especially more people asking me to buy stuff on this trip compared to my previous business trips.. dunno why. Then 2 days ago, my Japanese colleague based in Singapore asked me to bring a pair of shoes to Tokyo for another Japanese colleague, cause the latter had left his shoes in Singapore the last time he came. I just hope that i will have space in my luggage to stuff all the things, because i intend to buy loads of stuff for myself too! My last business trip leh.. so must really maximize it.

Just checked the weather on CNN and it seems like the weather will hover between a high of 12 degrees Celcius to a low of 5. Not too bad..

I've been adding my primary school friends these days on Facebook. We actually managed to find more than half my Primary 6 class within 3 days. It's really exciting to see so many of them after more than 15 years! I'm contemplating a class reunion hopefully before i leave for New Zealand.. So exciting!! Speaking of New Zealand, seems like the NZ dollar is appreciating by the day.. I just checked and today's exchange rate at market close was S$1 = NZ$1.14 Damn!! What happened to the days of S$1 = NZ$0.80?? Should have change my currency then.. Shit.

Yesterday, someone from DBS called to inform me that my Black card has been tampered with.. Apparently, someone tried to make travel arrangements online using my card. Just few days ago, K and I had taken out our cards to call the bank and cancel them. But we didn't cancel our Black cards cause we still had points to redeem for. I thought we had kept it after that, but now that i recall back, i think we left it on the bar counter in the living room. Just tried to search for it, but our cards are nowhere to be found.. I'm beginning to suspect if my tenant took it. But I rather give him the benefit of doubt. Then again, if it's not him, then who else? There are only 3 of us in the house. And i am very sure the card is in the house.

Sigh.. i really hope it's not what my gut feel is telling me. I can't afford a nightmare tenant now especially since i am leaving! And we just managed to rent out the other room to a Malaysian Chinese man who's in the medical profession (pharmacy trained). Really hope we won't regret choosing this one!!

I met up with Keson's sister for dinner after work today. Went to Din Tai Fung at Raffles shopping center. We chatted about her relationship with her boyfriend, and their new HDB flat in Punggol which they got a few days ago. My mom in law don't really like her boyfriend and is totally upset with them getting a flat, so it was more like a prep talk on my part. Yesterday, K and I played badminton with my in laws and we talked at length about it.. So since K wasn't free today, i decided to meet his sister for dinner!

After dinner, we went shopping for hats.. I wanted to get a big hat for my fruit picking work in New Zealand, and i found a few really nice ones at this shop called Accessorize. But all so expensive. $40 for a simple straw hat. I think i look pretty good in a hat though! Maybe i'll go Tokyo and find one.. maybe i should change more yen.. hee hee..

1 Response to "Tokyo here I come!!!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    eeks, i hope you have someone checking in on your tenants!