First wedding dinner in 2009

I attended my first wedding dinner for the year today..

It was my JC classmate's wedding at Amara hotel. He had text us that his solemnization would be at 6pm, but because i was lazy to take the train there myself, i had asked another classmate of mine to give me a lift. And he had asked that we go at 7pm instead.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were surprised to find that dinner had already started.. In fact, that was not the only surprise. We had gone to the lobby expecting the dinner to be at a chinese restaurant or in a ballroom. But we were directed to a casual buffet dinner setting where everyone was just helping themselves to the buffet spread. No sign of the bride and groom. And I was completely over-dressed in my black evening dress and black furry clutch bag. It was embarrassing.

Nonetheless, i survived through the night, chatting with my old friends from JC. Apparently, some of them had known that it was a casual buffet dinner and was dressed casually. Those who witnessed the solemnization related to us about the drama that came with it. Apparently, the couple had gotten friends as witnesses for their solemnization instead of their parents. This was because the bride's family was in China. Everyone was wondering who the Malay guy in the witness chair was. And the groom realized he forgot about the ring when the time came for the ring exchange. His sister had to get it for him from the restaurant where he left it inside a bag.. BEST!! haha.. it was so funny..

Tomorrow marks the 105th month that K and I have been together.. and we are celebrating it by staying at home to plan for our New Zealand trip and send out as many job applications as we possibly can.. Woohoo!!

1 Response to "First wedding dinner in 2009"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    hahaha, that's an idea for my own wedding dinner. buffet dinner.

    I hope you are feeling much better now!