Grandma's birthday!

Grandma's birthday is coming up next month on 19th April, and i intend to bring her to Shangri La hotel for her birthday celebration.

Shangri La is having this Flash Your Age promotion, where those celebrating their birthdays at either one of their dining outlets will be entitled to a percentage discount that is equivalent to their age. My grandma is 81. Haha.. which means we can get a 81% discount off our meal! Perfect.. terms and conditions states that it must be on the actual birthday, and 19th is a Sunday, so it's all set! I hope Grandma will like it though.. = )

Actually, K and I had planned to book a BBQ pit at one of his condos for the birthday celebration. But my sister and the rest of the family were not for the idea because it's too far, transport difficult blah blah blah.. always have so many problems.. sigh.. I still remember the incident on my grandma's birthday last year. My uncle and I had brought her to East Coast beach before the dinner. We were supposed to have dinner elsewhere, but i changed the dinner to the Jumbo at East Coast because grandma was already there. In the end, everyone was not happy with me for making the change, mainly because the place was inaccessible.

The way i see it, we should accomodate the birthday girl, do what we think she would like / most convenient for her. We are all healthy and can walk and run, so anywhere in Singapore is accessible right!! I don't see what the problem is. For the BBQ, i also don't understand what is so inconvenient about it. Grandma can hop on a taxi and go anywhere in Singapore! And although i won't know for sure, i think she would like a BBQ rather than the usual "go to a nice restaurant and eat." The issue is the rest of the family don't want to make the effort to go.

So.. the final decision is that we will go to the coffee shop below grandma's house for dinner. Period. But that's on the 18th. So i still have the actual day to celebrate with her in a different way at Shangri la! If the rest don't want to join me, then i will execute my plans myself.. = )

1 Response to "Grandma's birthday!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Singaporeans are too lazy. I have the same problems with organising gatherings.