Baby Incentives..

The government has announced a whole list of incentives to encourage couples to make more babies.. 4 months maternity leave lah, 6 days unpaid child sick leave lah, subsidies for IVF etc. etc..

This cannot come at a more appropriate timing for me since K and I are trying. In fact, we had gone to SGH last week to do a thorough check up just to make sure we are both healthy and can make babies the natural way.. i checked the costs of IVF (just in case we need it), and it costs a minimum of $7000 each time. WTF??!! Not only is raising a kid expensive, MAKING one is bloody steep too!!!

I had lunch with my mentor yesterday, and he was sharing with me how he and his wife had been trying for 6 years, but to no avail.. apparently, they had spent like $15000 once on IVF and it still didn't work.. i was quite surprised he would share such personal information with me, cause he wasn't the type who seemed like he would do that.. other than that, the conversation was very formal, i was being careful not to talk to much cause he was known to stab people in the back, gossip type.. Anyway, we had Shin Kushiya Japanese for lunch.. after which i suggested Ben & Jerry's for dessert. Which i regretted, cause he didn't order ice cream, and i had to pay for mine myself.. stupid! = (

1 Response to "Baby Incentives.."

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    $7000?! glup! i wonder how much it costs in US.. I have the same worries as you about making babies when we decide to have one. I mean, how do you know that both parties are productive right? until then, i shall enjoy married life...