Chicken Galore!!

I had dinner at my parents' place after work yesterday.. my mom had not given the maid any instructions on what to cook (she usually does) cause she was busy during the day so.. here's what we had for dinner:

- Old cucumber soup (lao wang gua) with chicken
- Chicken in black soya sauce
- Deep fried chicken roll with seaweed
- Stir fried bitter gourd with prawns


I felt like it was a chicken buffet! Naturally, the maid was informed by both me AND my mom to cook a more "well-balanced" meal in future..


After dinner, we watched the Olympics Closing ceremony (replay) in Beijing.. again, another spectacular performance.. there was one segment where the ladies (think over 500 of them) performing wore costumes that were 95% made of tinkling silver bells, so whenever they moved or shook their hands, the whole stadium resounded with the tinkle of the bells.. then there was this part where the bell ladies formed human "lanes" and about 60 men came into the stadium cycling on a single big luminous wheel.. the bird's eye view of that segment was magnificent.. so pretty!
My dad seemed much better when i met him yesterday, haven't seen him for nearly 2 weeks already.. his left arm is still immobile, but he can walk around the house slowly on his own already.. and he didn't lose his temper yesterday..


I called my granny yesterday afternoon to check on her.. she sounded weak still.. but she said she felt better after eating the TCM dispensed by the sensei she visited on Monday.. i suspect this has something to do with the 7th Month.. typically, the old (and superstitious) people (like me!) believe that people are more prone to sickness during the 7th month of the Chinese lunar calender because of the wandering spirits surrounding us, so the "QI" or the aura of the humans will clash with the spirits, thereby causing us to feel unwell.. Sigh.. hopefully, once this month is over, my granny will get well !

1 Response to "Chicken Galore!!"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    wah, your maid can cook very well leh. my grandma's maid is not half as good lor. reminds me that i should go home and learn cooking from my mum so i can replicate the dishes here. too bad no hawker center, only got restaurants here. i can't imagine cooking dinner after a long day at work and having to make something for lunch the next day too. sigh.. dreading the ending of my taitai life and the beginning of the rat race.

    i am glad your granny is better. :)