24 June: Home Alone Part 2

I stayed at the motel the whole day again. Went online, searched for more stuff on pregnancy exercises, and did some static exercises while watching the TV. K says i have to strengthen my legs to carry the impending weight of the baby when my tummy gets bigger. Then strengthen my arms so i can carry the baby when it is born.

For lunch, i cooked chicken porridge, it was not too bad. = ) My backache came back again, perhaps due to long periods of sitting on the bar counter chair without support. I got so bored lazing around that i was actually looking forward to going to the supermarket with K when he comes back from work. We were running out of ingredients for cooking so i wanted to stock up. K came back at 6pm, right after i watched the comedy "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "The Simpsons". He was totally exhausted from work, and extremely hungry. He told me he didn't feel like going out. I was so disappointed cause that was kinda like my highlight of the day - to go out. So anyway, K cooked instant noodles and sausages for his dinner. I didn't cook anything for myself cause i wasn't hungry. Besides, i had wanted spaghetti but needed to buy ingredients before i could cook it.

So i waited for K to finish his dinner, rest a while, before we headed to the supermarket. As usual, being him, K insisted we go to Pak N Save cause they are the cheapest. I keep telling him that Pak N Save always don't have the things i want. And true enough, when we reached there, i couldn't even get the first thing on my shopping list. Bananas. They had run out. No cucumbers either, which i needed to make K's cold pasta lunch for work tomorrow. So in the end, we bought less than 50% of the things on my grocery list and left. I had a fight with K over the prices of the things i bought. He was upset that i bought the whole tin of Milo instead of the refills which were cheaper by 20%, and upset that i did not buy the cheapest brand of pasta but the mid range one which was $1 more. Me on the other hand, was just desperate to go out and have some retail therapy, so i didn't notice the Milo refills, and i did not want the cheapest brand for everything. K thinks i do not bother to be price efficient. I think he's a miser. = (

We did not talk the whole journey back and even in the motel. He logged onto the internet while i made my dinner - cold pasta salad. I had totally lost the mood to make spaghetti by then, so i
figured might as well kill two birds with one stone, and prepare my dinner and K's lunch together.

We had gotten the key to the room upstairs before we left for the supermarket. Our landlord, Janine had been kind enough to let us start moving some stuff upstairs tonight. We chatted, and when we told her i was pregnant, she shrieked and gave me a big hug. Her reaction is my favourite one so far. I guess being so far from home, i was sad that i couldn't share the news with loved ones and see their expressions and hug them instantly. After our first hug, Janine told me she's pregnant too, and we both shrieked and hugged again. She had just gone for her first scan today, so we're about the same timing. It was all so girly i loved it! = )

My plan was for K to help move some of the heavy stuff upstairs while i cook so as not to waste time. Especially since we had planned on watching another DVD and he had to get up early ford work the next day. But he just sat on the chair and glued to his laptop. For some reason, i was angry with him. I know he is very exhausted from work and just want to rest, but i felt miserable too staying at home the whole day with a hurting backache. And there is so much things to do. But i didn't tell him. Ah Ming came over then, and chatted with K about the day's work. I sacarstically commented how he still looked so energetic and fresh, while K looks half dead.

After Ah Ming left, I had a few bites of my dinner (no appetite), then started to move the stuff upstairs myself, still pissed off with K who was still checking his email. I didn't want to move the things too late cause it might disturb the other residents, but tired K just wanted to rest.

I managed to move 70% of our stuff upstairs, and then went to shower. I heard K move the biggest bag we had upstairs during my shower. By then it was 10pm. We still didn't talk much, but i told him i didn't want to watch the DVD anymore cause i was tired. We called B to wish him Happy Birthday, then went to sleep..

Until now, i still don't know what went wrong between us today. Maybe i am just having mood swings, or going crazy from boredom. I am also not looking forward to waking up earlier tomorrow to move the remaining 30% of our stuff upstairs by myself...

1 Response to "24 June: Home Alone Part 2"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Nothing wrong with either of you lah. I can understand what it is like to be cooped at home the whole day and look forward to going out. Kelly is a big homebody, that makes me angry sometimes. What to do? Have to find some other distractions lor.

    Why don't you go down and chat with Janine? She is around the hotel the whole day right?