My Baby..

K and I went for my first ultrasound scan yesterday morning. Our appointment was supposed to be at 9am, but we were still having breakfast at home at 830am. In addition, the nurse had asked me to drink 1 litre of water one hour before to fill up my bladder, but i was still sleeping at 8am... haha..

Anyway, we managed to reach the radiology center 5 minutes before 9am. There were about 5 people already waiting in line by the time we got there. We waited for about 20 minutes before my name was called and we were led into the ultrasound room.. K went inside with me. My ultrasound technician was a lady called Gaye. Gaye asked me to lower my pants and lie on the bed. She then put on some gel like and very cold cream on my tummy and started the scan. Gaye asked if i wanted to see the scan. I nodded and she switched on the TV in front of me and started to roll the metal rod device all over my tummy.

And there it was on the TV screen, my baby.. During the procedure, Gaye took measurements of my baby's head, stomach, legs, hands etc. We also saw its 5 little fingers, and its little heart pumping.. K and I watched in awe as our baby's full form appeared on the TV screen. It was only 10cm, but definitely alive and kicking inside my stomach. It was so miraculous that i started to cry halfway through the scan. Gaye looked at me and smiled, while K held my hand, smiled and asked me to stop crying.. I think i made him tear a bit too.. = )

Gaye complained jokingly that my baby is a "jumpy" one, cause it was so difficult to capture a still shot of my baby. It was rolling and moving around so much, lying on its back at one time, then rolling to its side at another.. = )

The scan was over in about 15 minutes. Gaye confirmed that my baby is 14 weeks old, and my delivery due date to be on 21 Dec 2009. Everything is normal, but Gaye said it is too early to get a more detailed analysis of the baby's anatomy. She recommended that we do another scan into the 20-22nd week of my pregnancy, when the baby is more fully formed.

We left the clinic about 940am, paid $190 and got a CD with all the scan images. Here are some photos of my baby from the scan.. Isn't it just so so adorable??!

Baby lying with its two hands to its face

Baby's spine

Baby lying on its back with his hands raised slightly. You can see its 5 fingers..

Baby's tiny head, which measured only about 2cm..

K and I went grocery shopping at the only Asian supermarket in Hastings after we left the clinic. I finally got my fish balls, which i had been craving for for the longest time. We also bought bee hoon ( i intend to fry bee hoon next week), luncheon meat, fish cake and thai sweet chilli sauce. Then we headed home, made lunch, finished up 2 DVDs, and took a 2 hour nap. Lunch was baked Salmon, crumbed fish, sausages and the fried vermecelli that Ah Ming had cooked in the morning and left for us.

Initially, we had planned to visit this honey factory, but by the time we woke up from our nap, it was already 5pm and getting dark. So instead, we headed out for dinner at Macdonald's, and went grocery shopping again at Pak N Save. Before that, we visited the clinic to collect the results / report on my blood test and ultrasound scan. I had been craving for Macdonald's, cause yseterday while surfing the net, i accidentally clicked on something, and the Singapore Macdonald's webpage popped up with all these delicious looking burgers, nuggets and french fries that made me drool... I didn't have my favourite cheeseburgers though.. After watching "Fast Food Nation", i don't think i will ever have beef burgers again. So we had 2 filet-o-fish meals with fries and fanta orange, which was delicious. I wanted to take away one more large fries cause the one we had was too little, but K refused to let me buy.

We reached the motel around 8plus, and K suggested to go into the games room to play table soccer before going back to our room. We played table soccer, which K won, and then table hockey, a game that is quite common in the arcades, where there is a table that emits static and wind, and a small disc. The objective is to slide the disc into the opposite goal. I used to love playing that at the arcade. K said i am so fierce (cause i keep attacking him) that he gave up playing with me after a while. It was fun.. = )

Ah Ming and A were already home when we opened the door. Ah Ming had cooked lamb chop, hash brown and mushroom soup for dinner. And as usual, A did not finish her dinner. In fact, i think she barely touched it. Sometimes, i get so frustrated cause this girl has a boyfriend who is a such a good cook and always cook nice food for her, but she always don't eat much. If i am her, i will devour everything.. haha.. Anyway, i kinda finish her hash browns for her, and K had her leftover lamb chops. So everyone was happy. = )

The 4 of us played one round of mahjong after dinner, and Ah Ming won. We all went to bed after, cause they have to work the next day. There goes one day of the weekend! = (

1 Response to "My Baby.."

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    wow, those are the clearest pics I have seen of an ultrascan. Can see the spine so clearly. Wow.