29 June: The Wet Spell Continues

Monday morning, and the rain continues... Never seen such a long lived rain before.. K woke up at 6am, saw that it was still raining, and went back to bed. I smiled, knowing that everyone won't be going to work today..

I woke up around 1030 today, and made french toast for breakfast for K and myself. Ah Ming and Adreana had scones. We lazed around a bit, then K and I drove out to search for a pharmacy to get my pregnancy supplements and have lunch. Ah Ming's sister had made some chicken porridge for them, so they had that for lunch.

We bought one box of supplements containing 100 pills that will last me for 3 months. Then we went to this bakery with award winning pies for lunch. I had chicken while K had minced pie. It was not very nice. We also ordered bacon and vege soup, which tasted horrible. All in all, not enjoyable.

After lunch, K and I headed to Video Ezy and rented another 9 DVDs to last us for the week. = ) We headed home, and left again about 30 mins later to play golf and baseball with Michael and a few other China men who also worked at the vine yards. We paid $18 and got ourselves 100 golf balls and 35 baseballs. We took turns hitting the golf balls at the driving range. I didn't like it cause i think i don't know how to hold the club properly and it gave me abrasions on my left palm. Plus, i can't hit the ball properly. As for baseball, needless to say, i can't hit the ball at all, keep getting Strike Outs.. Ah Ming wasn't too bad though. I think he's the only one who can hit the ball high.

We headed to the cinema after that, to check out the timing for Transformers 2. We ended up buying tickets for the 7pm show, and headed to the supermarket to buy snacks for the movie.
Then we headed home for dinner.

Dinner was again made by chef Ah Ming. This time, we had my favourite ABC soup, which i asked for.. = ) Potatoes, carrots, onions and fish slices.. Adreana and I helped with the preparations and cutting, while Ah Ming cooked. I have been writing down all the recipes and learning from Ah Ming how to cook for the past few days. So hopefully i can cook by myself here and back in Singapore. We also had Ma You chicken, and K cooked up his remaining lamb meat with butter chicken sauce. We had a quick dinner, and left the house around 630pm for the movies. Because the cinema was free seating, we had planned to reach early to get good seats. But when we reached the cinema, everyone was still waiting to get inside the theatre. Nonetheless, we got pretty good seats.

Transformers 2 is on average, a pretty lousy show. Too complicated and messy. It's like the directors are trying too hard with all the bombing, firing and mass destruction. And after the female lead got voted last year as FHM's sexiest woman, she is being cast in this movie as a full grown woman who is oozing sex appeal.. I didn't like that. Kinda losing the essence of what Transformers is all about.

The movie lasted for 2.5 hours. We headed home around 930pm, had green bean soup that Ah Ming prepared, bathed, and played one round of mahjong. Adreana had checked the weather forecast, which predicted more rain the next day, so most probably no work again.

We had wanted to continue, but i think everyone wanted to sleep earlier, just in case they had to work and wake up at 6am the next day. So we all turned in at 1230am. I have just finished my Jodi Picoult book, and will start on another book soon. K keep making fun of how big my tummy looked for a 10cm baby.. Sickening.. I am beginning to lose sight of my feet bit by bit.. I wonder when i will totally not be able to see my feet.. haha.. = )

1 Response to "29 June: The Wet Spell Continues"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    It's so nice to have friends who are good cooks and who willingly cook. Takes the effort out of thinking what to eat.

    Hopefully the rain continues for one more day. You all seem to enjoy each other's company and not so boring for you!