B is for Best Friends

What is the definition of a best friend? Someone whom you have known for donkey years, and who knows you inside out? Someone you can call just to say hi when you are bored? Or someone whom you have a strong connection with? I always thought that i have 2 best friends. But now i have decided that i only have 1 best friend, and that is K.

My 2 best friends (or so i thought they were), J and F have not sent me a single email (composed by them) or sms for the past 2 months since i left Singapore. Not only that, F have not replied to a single one of my emails. So far, the only email that she sent me is to ask if i wanted to share the birthday present for B. I can understand that she might be busy with work. But is she really SOOO busy that she cannot even send a one line email to congratulate her good friend on her pregnancy??

It has been 9 days since i last sent the email to inform that i am pregnant. I sent it to both F's personal email and work email. I'm just so disappointed, because this is a big thing to me, and i really want to share the news with all my close friends and loved ones. But i am not getting any response from my best friend. Or maybe the relationship is one sided. Maybe i am the only one who thinks she is my best friend. But she doesn't. I am sick and tired of her always being MIA and always being so weird. And I am sick and tired of always not knowing what is going on in her life cause she never shares. Then again, since i met K, i too have not been confiding in her much.. Maybe that's why we are drifting apart. But still, i am disappointed that she can't even send me one email to at least acknowledge my email to her. Maybe she will respond only if i email and tell her i've got terminal cancer.

When K got home yesterday, we drove out and got my Macdonald's for dinner.. K had fried rice which i left for him from my lunch. After dinner, i took my shower. This time, there was hot water. I forgot to mention that I did not get to shower the day before (when everything went wrong) cause there was no hot water. K and I watched another DVD in the living room after showering. Halfway through, the damn thing hung, so i started to tell K about my disappointment with F, and ended up crying again. I am so pathetic!!

Ah Ming came out to the living room halfway, and saw me crying. He thought i was sad that K had to work both days of the weekend (to make up for 3 days of no work due to the rain) and not accompany me. = )

Tomorrow is 4th July, Independence Day for the Americans. I feel i must too become "independent" and stop mopping around at home..

1 Response to "B is for Best Friends"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Happy 4th of July girl! Don't be sad, *hugs* from afar.

    This is the eternal question that have been plaguing me since I relocated to US. It really gets me down because friends are so important to me. Life does get lonely here.

    Now I focus on those that bother to say Hi, MSN, write an email or call. If I still love the friends that never make the effort and want them in my life, I just swallow my disappointment and go on making the effort.

    You still want to move to US after your experience in NZ?