Baby Talk

Since my MSN conversation with WM yesterday night, I have been wondering what i should talk to my baby about, and what songs to sing to my baby. So today, I spent the whole day searching on the internet for nursery rhymes and lullabies. I also did research on baby names. Somehow, it seems there are a lot of nursery rhymes that have negative thoughts. Like "Rock A Bye Baby" talks about how the cradle (with baby inside) is on the tree, then the wind blows and the cradle falls. Then there is "Three Blind Mice", where the mice are not only blind, but they got their tails cut off by the butcher's wife. And last but not least, "Itsy Bitsy Spider", who got washed down the drain by the rain.. haha.. don't know why it's all so negative given that they are for children. = )

I was awoken by someone knocking on the day this morning. It was the landlord informing me of a fire alarm test at the motel. I cooked mee sua for lunch today, and it tasted a bit weird because of this stupid fish tofu cake that i added in. I still have one big packet left in the fridge.. Luckily, it tasted okay when i pan fried it with bee hoon. That was dinner.. I cooked fried bee hoon with mushrooms, eggs and fishcake, and ABC soup (potatoes, chicken, carrots, fish balls and corn). This time, i made enough for Ah Ming and A as well. Can't have Ah Ming cooking for us everytime! = )

After lunch, i went for a slow jog around the motel. But the slow jog turned out to brisk walk cause my back started to hurt halfway through the jog. I avoided the house with the crazy dog, but got a fright from cats instead. Once was by a cat who was just sitting on the bonnet of a car. The cat didn't move or anything, it's just that i run past many cars, and suddenly i see this thing on the car so i got a fright. Then the second time, i was doing some stretching in front of a house where there were bushes so they people inside cannot see me. Then suddenly this cat came out and sat there and stared at me.. It was a really weird looking black cat with eerie bright yellow eyes.. It looked more like a combination of a rabbit and cat, then 100% cat.

ANYWAY... the weather forecast says it's going to rain tomorrow, so most likely no work. But the bad news is, it's going to rain everywhere else 2-3 hours from here, so we won't have anywhere to go either. Looks like we will be stuck at the motel again tomorrow.. Sigh.. somehow i am beginning to see a cycle here.. If it rains and there's no work, i am stuck in the motel. But if it doesn't rain and there is work, i am also stuck at the motel. What is the f**king difference??!

Oh well, i guess i better turn in early today, going to sing to my baby some positive nursery rhymes like "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and "You Are My Sunshine"..

1 Response to "Baby Talk"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Don't forget the evergreen "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"!

    There is also "The more we get together, the merrier we will be" and "If you are happy and you know, clap your hands".

    Christmas songs are good too.

    Heck! You can even sing "Happy Birthday""