Earthquake in NZ

I received emails and messages from my mom, mom in law and sister yesterday asking if i was alright. Apparently, an earthquake measuring 7.8 on the Ritcher Scale had struck the South Island of New Zealand on Wed night. And the news had spread to Singapore.. Fortunately, nobody was reported to be injured or dead, as the affected areas were mostly forests and sparse land.

K and I did not go out for dinner yesterday. K has fallen sick it seems. Down with flu and sore throat. So in the end, we had home cooked dinner by Chef Ming. There was soy sauce / Ma You chicken, steamed fish with ginger, and fried cabbages with carrots and ikan bilis. I am so thankful for dinner yesterday, cause it seems that i have not been getting the proper nutrients these days. And i am getting really sick of cooking. I hate having the heat from the stove on my tummy, and i just don't have the mood to cook anymore these days. And K hasn't really been cooking much for me either. When he's working, he's always tired. Now that he's not working, he's sick... Sigh.. At least yesterday i had chicken, fish and vegetables.. = )

K had an afternoon nap yesterday, so i turned in earlier than him. Him being sick and all now, there was no baby talk at all for the entire day.

Today, we watched another DVD in the morning, and then K went to sleep again. A and I took the car and drove out. We went to the supermarket, to the bank and to Clive to interview for a job that A had found at a fruits and vegetables shop. I bought more fruits for myself. Rockmelon and green and yellow kiwis.. really need to stock up on fruits and vegetables.. And A bought ingredients to cook spaghetti for us tonight.. = ) Our last stop was Macdonald's, to get my lunch. I bought myself a filet o fish meal, and a 6 pc chicken nuggets as a side. In the restaurant, i saw a group of grown men dressed up as superman, the Incredibles and Bananas in Pyjamas. Couldn't stop giggling to myself.. I wonder what party or event they were going to. The 2 guys dressed as Bananas in Pyjamas happened to be queuing beside me at the counter, and i overheard them talking to each other. One of them said to the other: "How are we supposed to eat? We forgot to make a slit in the masks for our mouths!" Haha.. so funny. But they really put a lot of effort in their costumes cause they look really good. The man dressed as Mr. Incredible looked quite old though, and i thought he looked pretty gross in the costume.. = P

When i reached home, it was already 3pm, but K was still sleeping. So i cooked mee sua soup for him. Now he is sleeping again.. sigh.. really hope he will get well soon..

I just finished reading another book yesterday. "Abandoned" by Anya Peters. The author writes about her life, a life of sexual abuse, desperation and despair. Here's her blog if anyone of u are interested: http://www.wanderingscribe.blogspot.com/

I can smell my dinner cooking now.. it's so nice to have someone to cook for you.. = )

1 Response to "Earthquake in NZ"

  1. Hollywood Tai Tai Says:

    Gosh! Thank God you are safe! Good thing you guys aren't in the epicenter or nearby! I haven't been reading news so this is the first time I am hearing of it.